PDA

View Full Version : catalytic converters

gaz70
27-06-2007, 07:53 PM
catalytic converters.
What do they do? and also i have gone and lost mine as it was in the shed and it must of got chucked by mistake. were can i get a new one, how much, and are there any special performance ones i need to no about. I need to get one quick as i have got to mot the car.

Nutter_John
27-06-2007, 07:58 PM
They reduce the toxins outputed by car engines
You do not want to buy a new one as they are very very very expensive

maybe someone can loan you one

Kieran
27-06-2007, 08:12 PM
TSL (the other side of Nottingham) sell a sports cat that gives you nearly all the flow of a decat but without failing your emissions test. BernMC (and I think Tim (L6) have used them and were happy). The downside is they're about £300, but then it does save you the pre-MOT scrabble under the car!!

If you get stuck, I'm busy this weekend but I'm sure we could work something out.... Ariadne's cat only just scraped by this time (4th attempt!! - I think I've posioned it with too much octane booster) but it might be worth a shot?!

Nutter_John
27-06-2007, 08:14 PM
we have my old one as well over at the garage

gaz70
27-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Kieran
do you think if i forked out on one from tsl it would help me get through the mot as i only just got through last year, if so i may consider, but £300 at this moment in time is what i really dont need. what a muppet for chucking it!!!!!!!
but i might also need to borrow yours is poss and possibly get its mot done in mansfield while im there? do you have anymore details regarding TSL

gaz70
27-06-2007, 08:34 PM
found tsl website thanks Kieran i will give them a ring in the morning

Kieran
27-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Kieran
do you think if i forked out on one from tsl it would help me get through the mot as i only just got through last year, if so i may consider, but £300 at this moment in time is what i really dont need. what a muppet for chucking it!!!!!!!
but i might also need to borrow yours is poss and possibly get its mot done in mansfield while im there? do you have anymore details regarding TSL

Gaz - BernMC passed an MOT no problems - these cats are designed to withstand anti-lag(where a famefront hits it!!), so they should cope with Legnum Gases fine.

The full story is here, along with Bern's MOT results on the second page.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21306&highlight=tsl

TSL's website is here:

http://www.tsl-motorsport.co.uk/

They're in Keyworth, just off Main street - postcode NG12 5AD. Phone number is 0115 937 7200 - Ask to speak to John if he's there. the Cat you need is the EVO 4-6 one - the later 7-8 one is too long.

If all else fails, I'm happy to help - I suspect John's Cat may be a better bet as I too only just scraped past on emissions in Feb, but you're welcome to try my cat if you like!:scholar:

mitzitech2007
27-06-2007, 08:55 PM
anyone still got a spare cat? need one for my leggie (along with all the other probs!)