PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Q - Boost Gauge Lights

mpau009
29-06-2007, 08:22 AM
:| Okay, so my i cant tune my MAP2 at night...

The gauge came with the car, and they didnt have the lights working.

Its got two teeny tiny little lightbulbs in the back in these funny screw out covers. I'm guessing sticking a wire straight from the battery to the gauge is probably not the best idea, so does anyone know what how i should wire it up? And is there a specific fitting that plugs into those bulb holders? or should i just solder a wire straight into the socket.

Is it worth trying to set up, or should i just go buy one of those miners hat torches:afro:

peter thomson
29-06-2007, 08:29 AM
The cable fitting going into the guage is for the lights .I have the same guage fitted .

mpau009
29-06-2007, 08:34 AM
The cable fitting going into the guage is for the lights .I have the same guage fitted .

Thanks, So theres no missing wires on mine then?:thinking:

Okaaay, i guess that means i should check if theres power coming out or not right? Is it just the normal 12v ignition/switched?

peter thomson
29-06-2007, 08:40 AM
I have it wired to the sidelight circuit and a suitable earth point or you could have it lit all the time from an ignition live.

Gly
29-06-2007, 08:53 AM
ive set all my guage lites on a relay with power direct from the battery,
the coil on the relay is connected to the dash power feed.

so when the dash turns on. so do my guages.

Subaru ETA
29-06-2007, 09:34 AM
there are plug there for the traction control - yours being a manual you dont need them. i wired into those coz they are close and easy to get to

mpau009
29-06-2007, 09:39 AM
there are plug there for the traction control - yours being a manual you dont need them. i wired into those coz they are close and easy to get to

Thanks Guys, that sounds promising, though it does make me wonder why there would be wires there if they didnt plug them in:thinking: Hopefully its as wasy a fix as that.

Would it be fine just to wire it into the accessories circuit? Iv got my other gauges running off of the same feed as the stereo.

Either way i'll have a dig around in the morning

Subaru ETA
29-06-2007, 09:46 AM
well yeah, id be checking them for power first then look at rewiring..could be something as stupid as blown bulbs!
so yeah if you go for the trac control wires, just open up that little glove box thingie on the drivers side, put your hand up in there and push the panel out above it, there are a couple of plugs n there. they have ign feed acc feed and park light feed aswell

mpau009
29-06-2007, 12:30 PM
:bananadan Yay! That worked just fine, easy as can be. (its The Green wire with the White stripe for anyone who needs to know down the track)

Looks like someone just cut the power wire for some reason? Maybe someone on the docks had their eyes on it.

Anyway, all it needs is a new bulb...:thinking:

I thought it might pull out of the centre of that plastic bit... It doesnt/pan

I found a thread about someone jerry-rigging one out of a bulb from dick smith, but i'll ring redline performance on monday and see if they can get me a proper one.

Subaru ETA
29-06-2007, 01:39 PM
they look like normal dash bulbs...i can get you one for a fraction of the price from work on monday if you want?

im off to oz tuesday arvo so i could drop it to you at work on tuesday mornig if that suits?