PDA

View Full Version : Busy Thursday

AncientOfMu
30-06-2007, 03:48 PM
As some of you know, I overfilled my VR with oil at Japfest.
She hasnt been running right since... even after i drained the excess out.
After limited success cleaning out the top turbo pipes I decided I really needed to clean the whole intake and exhaust for the turbos (im sure there isnt supposed to be that much oil in there.../pan )

To remove the intercooler you need to drop the front bumper and as I had a new front wing to go on I thought I would do that at the same time.
Started at 09:45am and finished at 18:00 After washing her when id got her all back together. The pics tell there own story but the last one should have a caption of *did all these bits really come off the front of my car...*

Car is now running better but only intermittantly....I think i really mucked up the sensors by overfilling it. And now on the odd occasion i do get full power i am just shocked at how fast a VR4 is :pimp2:

Kieran
30-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Looking good Don.... So the oil explains what was going on at Japfest then?

Maybe a can or two of amsoil power foam will help the rest? Still got the check engine light on?

pitslayer
30-06-2007, 04:00 PM
hope you polished all that in there aswell

AncientOfMu
30-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Looking good Don.... So the oil explains what was going on at Japfest then?

Maybe a can or two of amsoil power foam will help the rest? Still got the check engine light on?

Check engine light never was on. I'm still not convinced the TPS isnt on its way out (one of the error codes thrown up at Japfest). I'll run it for a while and see how she goes... But yes power foam may well help.

AncientOfMu
30-06-2007, 04:07 PM
hope you polished all that in there aswell

Washed yes, polised no. I'm planning on doing a full engine bay detail once shes running right, but she dont deserve it at the moment :P

BraindG
30-06-2007, 11:56 PM
maybe just a bit more running around? /shrug.. tis what i'd do.. but im not expert.

KHK
01-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Don, was it fun to remove all those parts? hehe

why u removed the left front fender and side skirt, that is necessary for cleaning of turbo pipes?

Subaru ETA
01-07-2007, 06:40 AM
was wondering the same thing

na-1
01-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Your car Very like -Super Vr-4 Look

You is this Interior Set >.<

AncientOfMu
01-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Don, was it fun to remove all those parts? hehe

why u removed the left front fender and side skirt, that is necessary for cleaning of turbo pipes?

I had a new front left fender to go on as the old one was dented and scratched from before i owned the car.

AncientOfMu
01-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Your car Very like -Super Vr-4 Look

You is this Interior Set >.<

Hmmm now that does look gooood :afro: :pimp2:

Beastlee
01-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I have to admit I don't like the red in the Super VR-4

ANTHONY
01-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I have to admit I don't like the red in the Super VR-4i agree looks like a pimp wagon

d i c k i e s
02-07-2007, 01:53 AM
damn bro, that last pic tells a thousand words... looking good, hope u have sorted... seems like a real hassel to fix.