PDA

View Full Version : powerflow exhaust

ingocaius
30-06-2007, 04:58 PM
anyone got one recomend or not, got a place in darlo that does them /pan

Beastlee
30-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Can't remember who was on about them but the prices they mentioned seemed awfully high compared to what I paid on the last 2 cars we had. I reckon yu should go for a specified model unless you want something special.
I'd like to get a second Fujitsubo Legalis R Evolution backbox and have a section manufactured to put one each side at the back. I believe in symmetry when it comes to the back of a car.

ingocaius
30-06-2007, 05:13 PM
thought they were meant to be reasonable would also like to go for two like my mr2 but gonna have to be on a budget

Paul C
30-06-2007, 06:07 PM
a garage called exhaust fix based in darlo northgate industrial estate behind morrisons do decent exhausts. They can do all bends themselves and seem quite cheap, had a bit of repair work done there that i thought was decent.I think they can bend up to 3" and have good selection of back boxes.

Wouter
30-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Powerflow are SH1TE!!

I had a Powerflow exhaust on my Spazda 323 and had nothing but problems.

The Powerflow franchise is sold to any garage willing to pay, they get a few days training and some stock and then go on to make peoples lives miserable!

The system was supposed to be fully stainless, but the tail pipe started rusting!!!

Get something else!

richy rich
30-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Powerflow have a long life guarantee not a life time guarantee like mine, mine is a custom chrome 1.

If it rusts or not depends on the grade of st/steel they use.

http://www.custom-chrome.co.uk/

Throbbe
01-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Powerflow are SH1TE!!

I had a Powerflow exhaust on my Spazda 323 and had nothing but problems.

The Powerflow franchise is sold to any garage willing to pay, they get a few days training and some stock and then go on to make peoples lives miserable!

The system was supposed to be fully stainless, but the tail pipe started rusting!!!

Get something else!

Posted elsewhere ...

Things my have changed more recently, but I'd choose Longlife over Powerflow because they use a better grade of steel. All stainless is not created equal! Also, they can both vary in quality depending on the franchise, so ask about a bit. I was a bit cheeky and told them I had a magazine feature coming up, so could I get some pictures of the finished system before they dropped it off the lift.

colVR4
01-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I have a Powerflow duplex fitted to my car and I think it is spot on. However, as has been mentioned, it depends on the garage that fits it more than anything else. The stainless steel that they use at the garage where I got it fitted is the best quality you are likely to find and they did a fantastic job.

My system cost £450 for a full cat-back stainless duplex with a single in-line resonator and a Powerflow back box. I thought that was pretty reasonable for a bespoke set-up.

ANTHONY
01-07-2007, 07:56 PM
i also have a powerflow back section and back box which i'm happy with. i belive the guy did a good job and would go there again

Beastlee
02-07-2007, 06:08 PM
The place I got my 405 done at in, Rebel Powerpipes, didn't listen to what I told him, messed around too much and ended up giving me an awful sound and crap looking tailpipes that weren't even level.
When we got the Suzuki done at Castle Performance near Lincoln however they did exactly what we asked and didn't even charge us for the changes we asked for afterwards.
Just shows the differences in franchises of Powerflow.

Gazzor
02-07-2007, 09:48 PM
anyone got one recomend or not, got a place in darlo that does them /pan

I had one on a car I bought cost nearly £400 and was a mess, they had cut the flanges off the old system and attatched the new "stainless" bit to it with circular clamps, these flanges and bits of pipe were rusty as f@(k and it leaked at the joins the backbox was to big and knocked on the bodywork and when I fitted it to another vehicle it actually slowed it down:thinking:

A bit damning I know but this my knowledge of them, it was fitted at Deeside tyres, no doubt other franchises may be better but I know of at least one other that has the flanges from the original system used, try Longlife they are much better:scholar:

zentac
03-07-2007, 08:29 AM
I have powerflow on my FTO and they were superb. However it does depend on the garage in question, and what your looking for.

jayjay99
03-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I was just looking at that custom chrome site, can you use any of their pipes for turbo piping? I'm still desperate to get some!

SGHOM
03-07-2007, 02:46 PM
www.exhaustsuk.com

anything you want, single..twin..loud..quiet..sedate..mad.......... anything !! /rally

£450 all in, with a lifetime gaurentee. just tell them Derek sent you. :afro:

The Vee
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
www.exhaustsuk.com

anything you want, single..twin..loud..quiet..sedate..mad.......... anything !! /rally

Recommended:thumbsup:

thehedgepig
04-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Recommended:thumbsup:

Me too.... they did a fab job on mine.

zentac
04-07-2007, 12:08 PM
www.exhaustsuk.com

www.exhaustsuk.com look good, and good quality welding, but if your after performance they have not got a clue. I went there and they made a custom Y piece and there was more metal left inside the exhaust where they had not made the Y correctly, it caused a huge restriction, and problems.

Wodjno
04-07-2007, 12:17 PM
www.exhaustsuk.com (http://www.exhaustsuk.com) look good, and good quality welding, but if your after performance they have not got a clue. I went there and they made a custom Y piece and there was more metal left inside the exhaust where they had not made the Y correctly, it caused a huge restriction, and problems.

But as with most people !!

They learn by there mistakes i guess ?

I take it you pointed this out to them and let them rectify the problem :D

zentac
04-07-2007, 01:03 PM
nope, I pointed it out, and they were not interested. They were rude and couldnt give a ****...I ended up going to powerflow and they sorted it, how it should have been done in the first place.