PDA

View Full Version : ayc light bars

pungatree1
02-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Just wondered whether all ayc lights should come on when you start the car and then go off? :thinking: Sometimes all 3 bars light up and then other times only 1 light comes on. Sometimes the top two come on then go off! Is this something to worry about or not? I managed to get one bar on (bottom one) at the weekend going round a roundabout in Wellington and so it appears to work! Didn't want to push it further with the wife and boy in the car. Meant to check whether starting the car cold or warm makes much of a difference to see how many lights come on. Only had the car about a month and so still finding my way around it. Any help appreciated. Don't think I have the little red light on startup either - will check tomorrow.

peter thomson
02-07-2007, 09:29 AM
All 3 should light on start up. Some of the other guys should be along soon to answer why less may be showing at other times

pungatree1
03-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Had the top light and the bottom light come on this morning on start up after sitting all night. Started it again at lunch and I only got the top light! Switched ignition on and off several times but still only got top light to come on and then go off. I have a red ayc warning light down the bottom right of the dash but it only comes on and then goes off when I turn the key. Does anyone know what the story is with these lights?!

bradc
03-07-2007, 02:32 AM
sounds like there is a loose connection there. probably easiest to go around a corner at full speed and see if you get the 1st and 3rd bars lighting up. If you do then the second one is definately dead. Probably just a bulb or cable.

pungatree1
04-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Been checking for the last day and now I only get the top light coming on on start up! Took it out for a quick spin tonight and could only get the top light to come on in the wet conditions - no sign of the other 2 lights. In Wellington it was the bottom light that came on but now there is no sign of lights 2 and 3! I haven't looked yet at the cables etc but roughly where should I be looking to check? Also how do you check for fault codes?

bradc
04-07-2007, 07:58 AM
defo sounds like a cable or connection problem. You have to pull the dash apart to get it done, probably easier to take the car to mitsi!

Nick Mann
04-07-2007, 01:15 PM
If there was an AYC problem your little red AYC light would come back on, or stay lit after start up. I have to agree - you have blown bulbs or a bad connection to them.

pungatree1
06-07-2007, 06:11 AM
I definitely think its a loose connection as today I had all 3 lights return on start up. This strangely happened after I had changed the bulb in the roof of the boot! However, when I came back from the shops I switched the car off and then turned the ignition back on saw the bottom light flick off immediately! The top light and the middle light are now working at the moment on start up. I'll need to leave the dash removal bit until I have some cash! Thanks for the help though guys