PDA

View Full Version : Not VR4 Friendly carparks in Auckland

schnapper
22-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Here's my list of carparks/ driveways that are not VR4 friendly ie my nose scrapes

1. My driveway going out. Has to be exited at an angle.
2. Victoria Street carpark - scrape going down
3. Downtown carpark- scrape going up and down
4. Carpark behind the medical centre in Royal Oak. Wooden carpark space stops. Not good.
5. Exit from Foodtown Mt Eden onto Valley Road - scrape going out
6. Civic carpark - watch those wooden carpark space stops again

Anybody got any others?

I always carry some black insulation tape to fix the centre part of my front bumper when I managed to catch it on something too high. Despite being careful and aware of the low front I still get caught out sometimes. :sad3:

KiwiTT
22-12-2003, 08:53 PM
K'Rd Carpark

Freddy
25-12-2003, 09:34 AM
Pioneer parts, Church st onehunga, Don't even atempt it

tunes
25-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Every damn supermarket or shopping mall car park and over 1/2 the drive ways in Auckland if you are in my car! grrr

Pete M
17-02-2004, 01:35 AM
Only had this car a week or so. Already planning to get some thin stainless sheet and countersunk rivet it on the bottom of the front spoiler as a skid plate. Anyone else done this? If successful, I'll post the dimensions/materials/tools required.

tunes
18-02-2004, 06:29 AM
I know of one or two who have gone out and done the above with good results. Obviously doesn't make every car park accessable but will give your front spoiler a slightly longer life.

Spader
24-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Carpark at Mayoral Drive/Airedale St (telecom) My driveway, Parkway Drive Mairangi Bay.

I've seen your car around Tunes (looks even better in person) and I feel your pain. My Honda was like that. Could only get 1/2 a coke can under the front spoiler

konman
15-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Only had this car a week or so. Already planning to get some thin stainless sheet and countersunk rivet it on the bottom of the front spoiler as a skid plate. Anyone else done this? If successful, I'll post the dimensions/materials/tools required.

how did you get on with the skid pad ???? ive been wanting to do this too, sick of catching it on everything bloody thing... if you have been successful will you be posting the plans etc?

Pete M
16-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Erm, yes,

Must confess, haven't got round to it yet :$ . Made the Mrs (it's her car) buy a new centre piece ($70) as she ripped the holes out of the other on a parking barrier. I'll get it plastic welded as it's already been done once, probably in Japan.
Question: Is there supposed to be a bottom cover that mounts up to the front spoiler etc to close off the bottom of the engine? Mine doesn't have one and the spoiler isn't as stiff as I'd like. The back of the centre piece has two holes that look like they join up to something, but there's nothing there on mine.

When I've got the skid plate done, I will post plans and anything else I learn. See the thread about front number plates, I designed mounts for them and can pass on dimensions etc if anyone's interested (Must do a photo!)

Pete

konman
16-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Erm, yes,

Must confess, haven't got round to it yet :$ . Made the Mrs (it's her car) buy a new centre piece ($70) as she ripped the holes out of the other on a parking barrier. I'll get it plastic welded as it's already been done once, probably in Japan.
Question: Is there supposed to be a bottom cover that mounts up to the front spoiler etc to close off the bottom of the engine? Mine doesn't have one and the spoiler isn't as stiff as I'd like. The back of the centre piece has two holes that look like they join up to something, but there's nothing there on mine.

When I've got the skid plate done, I will post plans and anything else I learn. See the thread about front number plates, I designed mounts for them and can pass on dimensions etc if anyone's interested (Must do a photo!)

Pete

any progress dude ? :-b

ShadyNZer
21-06-2004, 03:33 AM
unless already mentioned that carpark behind AUT is a shocker as well

i3ooyah
21-06-2004, 12:57 PM
i work@the auckland city council carparks & i can tell u

all of them are bad for lowered cars

i have a reserved space in every carpark catered for the long wheel base & low stance, lol