PDA

View Full Version : help alarm problems

richard_v6
03-07-2007, 09:40 PM
hi i hope sum1 can help me before i take a match too her !!! i will start from the begining i had a new fob arrive today cause the rubbers on old fob had perrished alarm is armed i took the guts out of old fob and put in new fob and replaced battery i then pressed button to disarm nothing happened but light lit up on fob i do not have the imoboliser fob too dissarm alarm from inside car and i have looked though all paperwork can not find alarm code but i have looked on net and it says to reprograme fob alarm has to be in disarm state does any 1 know how to disarm alarm or if i phone mitsy dealer and give them vin number that will have code on there system i hope!ss i have disconected battery and disconected sounder so neighboors dont shoot me has any 1 had a simalar problem?

psbarham
03-07-2007, 10:16 PM
unfortunatly , i think the only way round this is to have the little pen thingy whotsit that goes in the dash , after that reprogramming is easy , have you tried the local cobra dealer ?

Nutter_John
03-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Have a search on here as someone wrote a how to guide for re-programing alarm keys

It maybe in the members section , not 100% sure

I-S
04-07-2007, 02:52 PM
What year is your car? If it's 2000ish or later then you might be able to sort it out. If it's earlier I think you might be in a bit of difficulty...

Nick VR4
04-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Try this might work

If, at any time, the remote key does not
operate the system, stand close to the car
and press and hold down both buttons
until the LED on the remote key goes out -
approximately 10 seconds. Release both
buttons - the LED will come on constantly.
Then press button ‘A' for approximately 1
second - the LED will flash - this should
complete re-synchronisation. In case of
difficulties please consult your Cobra
Dealer.

I-S
04-07-2007, 04:05 PM
This will only work for 2000 on cars, as the fobs are tied to the car in hardware. For earlier cars you need the torpedo to program fobs.

Nick VR4
04-07-2007, 04:11 PM
This will only work for 2000 on cars, as the fobs are tied to the car in hardware. For earlier cars you need the torpedo to program fobs.

Mine is a year 2000 and has the torpedo too ???

I-S
04-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Yes... that's for disarming it if you use the key to unlock the door. However, you do not need the torpedo to reprogram the fob on 2000 on cars as they use the procedure you describe above. On earlier cars you must use the torpedo to put the car into programming mode and then identify the fobs to it as the fobs are not hard-coded to the car like the later ones.

Nick VR4
04-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Yes... that's for disarming it if you use the key to unlock the door. However, you do not need the torpedo to reprogram the fob on 2000 on cars as they use the procedure you describe above. On earlier cars you must use the torpedo to put the car into programming mode and then identify the fobs to it as the fobs are not hard-coded to the car like the later ones.

Arrhhha good info :2thumbsup

richard_v6
04-07-2007, 08:01 PM
hi took it to a auto elec 2day and spoke to cobra they couldent help and because i lost the torpedo i cant disarm alarm so i have decided to have a toad alarm fitted £200 ouch!!

Johnny_Cashed
05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
When I bought my car the key fob was I assume broken, changing the battery did nothing, when I pressed the buttons the light wouldn't even come on. I've bought a couple of new fobs from ebay, and I've got the four digit alarm code, what do I need to do to have the alarm fobs programmed? It's a 2003 model btw.