PDA

View Full Version : Not a VR4...

sketchmeister
04-07-2007, 01:13 AM
...mine was stolen for the second time and crashed, and written off! But I have bought myslef a bloody mint 95 V3000 for a very reasonable price. I'm investigating tweaking the 6 to get any power gains I can. The handling I can tweak easily enough. Might be quite a nice sleeper. Anyone got any tips for quickening a na 3l mitsi 6? Any hints, tips?
Cheers.

pitslayer
04-07-2007, 01:46 AM
usuals, straight through, decat exhaust. air filter upgrade, induction kit, remap the ecu, or disconnect the battery and reset the ecu, start with that, maybe go onto like a superchip but there expensive

sketchmeister
04-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Thanks for that, I've read that the v6's respond well to higher octane fuel. Should I disconnect battery to cause the ecu to remap to higher octane fuel? Do I simply disconnect then reconnect do do that? Can anyone recommend a good exhuast shop in Auckland? Cheers.

d i c k i e s
04-07-2007, 02:10 AM
Pit stop, is what im guessing..

pitslayer
04-07-2007, 04:20 AM
what i usually do is, reset the ecu, disconect the battery for about an hour. will loose all its setttings on the ecu. then reconnect it, let it start up idle for a few mins get the temp up a bit, then caine it, drive it like you stole, it the ecu is learning, so it will learn to your driving sense of foot flat to the floor.....however, it will drink fuel, so i reset mine to sensible high mpg.
the ecu remap will need to be done proffesionally thow.
yes the cars also respond to higher octane fuel, the ecu will sense this for you then you watch your fuel gauge go from full to empty when you boot it.

however dont hold me responsible for any death/serious injurys/buggered car lol. this is whats been done to mine, and it has been fine, but just be carefull

and if you are getting expensive work done on it, only use a reputable company, sure there is loads of links on here, for 30nz dollars you can get a wealth of information, and articles on here and access to the secret members area....

dickies fair play your post has me massivly confused lol you telling me to stop? or take a pit stop? or ahhhh so confusing

DefeXion
04-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Can anyone recommend a good exhuast shop in Auckland?

Pit stop, is what im guessing..

That should explain things :)