PDA

View Full Version : p reg vr4s

richard_v6
04-07-2007, 08:20 PM
hi everyone havent been on for a while with new baby and all im pleased to say i should be a proud owner of a vr4 within the next couple of months i hope some1 can answer a few questions for me why are nearly all the inports on p reg and is it rare for them to be inported with the later spec bumpers and is there anythink i should look out for when buying 1 i have looked at ebony's site has any1 on here had dealings with them?

Nick Mann
04-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Richard - I find your posts very difficult to read, because they are all one sentence. Is there any chance you could split them up a bit? If I have read it right:

Congratulations / good luck!
In 2004ish a new rule come in about importing cars, and to cut a long story short you can only import a VR4 now if it is over ten years old. Before 2004 you could import nearly anything, so the newer style VR4's should have arrived before then. To find out more, search the site on 'Model Report'.
Have you read the buyers guide on here? Click the Resources button near the top of the page.

Paul C
04-07-2007, 08:43 PM
if its ivory and ebony then thats where i got mine from last year. the cars has been ok. got the dreaded tcl fault 77 within a month of owning but after re=attaching pipes that problem went away. they changed the cambelt and sealed the bottom for extra money but the job was done well. they said they would service the car but to be honest i dont think they did. Other than that everything else was good.

A mitsi dealer near me has an 02 vr4 black saloon auto going for £5450 or there abouts.

richard_v6
04-07-2007, 09:03 PM
if its ivory and ebony then thats where i got mine from last year. the cars has been ok. got the dreaded tcl fault 77 within a month of owning but after re=attaching pipes that problem went away. they changed the cambelt and sealed the bottom for extra money but the job was done well. they said they would service the car but to be honest i dont think they did. Other than that everything else was good.

A mitsi dealer near me has an 02 vr4 black saloon auto going for £5450 or there abouts.
yes mate that is the site i was looking at. cheers .
i noticed that ebony say they service all there cars and cum with 3 months warrenty . im after a legnum has i struggle to get pushchair in boot of my v6 saloon .Also it will be far easier to fit in all my fishing gear in lol

Paul C
04-07-2007, 09:14 PM
yes mate that is the site i was looking at. cheers .
i noticed that ebony say they service all there cars and cum with 3 months warrenty . im after a legnum has i struggle to get pushchair in boot of my v6 saloon .Also it will be far easier to fit in all my fishing gear in lol

uk saloons have fold down seats.

after owning my car for about 1month i changed spark plugs,engine oil,atf oil and air filter and i could probably say none had been changed recently.

richard_v6
04-07-2007, 09:33 PM
uk saloons have fold down seats.

after owning my car for about 1month i changed spark plugs,engine oil,atf oil and air filter and i could probably say none had been changed recently.
its the hight of the boot on the saloon which is the issue. i do fold the seats down when i go fishing but if i folded the seats down for pushchair i would have nowere to put kids lol

White Lightning
04-07-2007, 09:48 PM

Really ... :inquisiti

Whats the mileage on that?

thecustomer
04-07-2007, 11:07 PM

smart move: bound to save cash in the long run

iirc, brake fluids should have been changed every 5 years - ie during 2006 on a P plate

Probably worth changing diff oils & if it's a type S, the AYC fluid.

And ask any dealer that's selling with a warranty
- to increase the length of the cover, at least to 6 months
- to up the claim value
- and to check that it covers AYC, if you have it - so policies don't
It doesn't cost a dealer much more than a phone call to improve your cover.

& if you want to keep a warranty on the car after the selling dealer's one has run out, try contacting warranty companies before you buy the car - some will give you a great deal if you commit now, on a policy that starts when the selling dealer's policy ends. I know warranty direct offer this - and I *think* they do a members' discount.

Enjoy!

Paul C
05-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Really ... :inquisiti

Whats the mileage on that?

60,000 approx somewhere in the 60's