PDA

View Full Version : Reflecting on todays highs and lows

Brunty
06-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Today was one of those days saw some stuff but nothing much really happened - I'll call it interesting (in hindsight, whilst enjoying some of Dunkertons finest organic cider), you may disagree.

Which I guess means it'll bore the pants off anyone who's read this far....

Police Volvo Cross Country - Peculiar :inquisiti
The above unmarked car pulled in behind me on a roundabout with it's blue lights going - strange thing being that I'd stopped (in loads of time, well in advance of him) to let him past; three lanes onto the roundabout, me in the right hand lane, the two lanes to the left of me were empty. Volvo pulls right in behind me, forcing me to pull out onto the roundabout and then passes, pausing to give me an appreciative nod. I can't think of any reason why he drove like this - he was followed by a fully marked up traffic car.

M40 Black Police Scooby /thankyou
Back luck Mr. Skoda driver.

M40 past Banbury /Fever
My boss has told me that it's the chocolate factory that stinks but it smells nothing like any chocolate I'd buy!

Now you see it now you don't /rally
Still on the M40 I spy something very unusual in the rear view mirror. Fast, flat and low. Within seconds it's upon me, a couple more seconds and it's out of sight. I'm cruising at 90. Very cool looking car. The rear badges inform me that I've just been buzzed by a Pagoni Zonda - cool, I want one!

M25 :vogel:
What purpose does the variable speed limit serve - it bears no relevance to the traffic or conditions.

He's armless :speechles
Colleague at work lost his arm in a motorcycle accident 10 years ago. He was telling me today that he is in constant pain - something to do with the activation of the nerve endings as they were severed. His daily sensation is that of a very tightly closed fist (throttle and brake) try it - it's not a pleasant feeling. He is able to visualise stretching out his (non-existant) thumb - which relieves some of the pain.

He's got a great outlook on life though.

All is not well at work /Grrr
All is not well at work - I fear I may have joined a sinking ship.

10GB Music Keg :bananadan
In the age of the iPod 10GB isn't enough :(

The wrong kind of rain /Brolly
Painfully slow coming home in the rain tonight; and if those ****s don't pull into the left hand lane when it's empty I'm gonna start ramming people off the road. No wonder the country's so congested all the motorways have been reduced to dual carriageways by these berks!

99 Problems and a bitch ain't one :furious3: /TTTH :vogel:
How come Jay Z get's it right and I can't? CVR4 Ladies - please note I'm quoting Jay Z, I'd never refer to ladies as bitches. Mentalists definately, but not bitches.

Recommended :evilgrin: :sombrero: :chugchug: /woot2 :beerchug: :beerbang: :runkest: :vogel: :uhoh: :sick2: :stars:
Dunkertons Black Fox Organic Cider - I fear this boy from Somerset is drunk on it! And after a pathetically small amount. Try it for yourselves.

/skol

Senor Brunto el profundo :sombrero:

K9NG
06-07-2007, 06:09 AM
The wrong kind of rain /Brolly
Painfully slow coming home in the rain tonight; and if those ****s don't pull into the left hand lane when it's empty I'm gonna start ramming people off the road. No wonder the country's so congested all the motorways have been reduced to dual carriageways by these berks!

This is one thing that realy gets me /Grrr it's so simple if you
want to do 70 stay in lane one or two /pan

MPBVr4
06-07-2007, 09:17 AM
You want to leave that stuff alone it kills more brain cells than anything else,
just look at the people of Bridgwater/pan
Didn't realise you were a Somerset boy:inquisiti
I hope your suspicions about "sinking ship" are unfounded:(

WildCards
06-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Sounds like a curry is in order Steve, a good curry always cures whatever ails ya.

Brunty
06-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Didn't realise you were a Somerset boy:inquisiti

Maybe the cider did too many brain cells in last night - too much artistic licence!

The closest I came to being a Somerset boy was playing rugby for Avon and Somerset! Living near Swindon and then in Portishead up until 15 years of age does qualify me as west country if not Somerset.

Curry - now there's a thought.

BraindG
08-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Mentalists definately, but not bitches.
:speechles /haz

Crickle
08-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Curry - now there's a thought.
Ugh! How can you think of curry first thing in the morning!!!!!!!!

pitslayer
12-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Police Volvo Cross Country - Peculiar
The above unmarked car pulled in behind me on a roundabout with it's blue lights going - strange thing being that I'd stopped (in loads of time, well in advance of him) to let him past; three lanes onto the roundabout, me in the right hand lane, the two lanes to the left of me were empty. Volvo pulls right in behind me, forcing me to pull out onto the roundabout and then passes, pausing to give me an appreciative nod. I can't think of any reason why he drove like this - he was followed by a fully marked up traffic car.

going up the road of death think its the A49 to oxford/didcot...theres an omega approaching me very quick from behind im doing 85 flat out up hill, omega screams up behind me, blue lights on, flashing headlights then the inevitable pull over gesture was seen in my rear view.....so pull over to the left lane, omega just buggers off into the distance, which was then followed by all the coat hanger men, lol they were doing over 100mph following a copper lol.....also about 30 minutes earlier i was doing about 115mph coming off the private race track called the "severn crossing dragstrip", under the first bridge, just after the end coming into the engerland M4 private race circuit, a race marshall had just pulled up on that bridge with his white transit van with big THINK! stickers on it, obviously this race marshall was telling everyone on the circuit to watch out for bad conditions on the track and wathc you dont hit the gravel traps to hard /pan /pan