PDA

View Full Version : Buy my car or Buy my setup

AllBeItMine
06-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Is anyone genuinely interested in either of these?

VR4's on trademe are kinda like fish in the sea at the moment... so there aint much point trying to sell it on there considering i have modified the **** out of it.

but the upgrade kit might be worth a few bob.

kit would include pretty much everything in the engine bay apart from the engine.

2 x TDO4's - not new but dont smoke and no play - modified to fit - internals welded shut.
2 x Tial genuine 38mm wastegates with 7psi springs
1 x Tial genuine 50mm blow off valve with correct spring for mitsi's
2 x custom manifolds to hold onto the turbos and externals. all heat wrapped
2 x custom oil and water lines - braided. all fit bolt on to existing outlet/inlets
2 x custom downpipes 2.5inch
2 x custom screamers
Custom link pipes (downpipes to exhaust)
All custom alloy intercooler piping 2.5inch and 3inch
All custom intake piping 2.5 inch
Big 4.5inch airfilter with adapter
The big intercooler
All silicone joiners
All t-bolt clamps for joiners
Modified oil filter bracket/mold
Modified tensioners and pulleys for aircon removal.
All silicone vacum lines
2 x slim line electric radiator fans. (makes the front turbo fit.)
Oil Catch Can and Hoses.

This setup is essentially ready to tune. but i have basically lost interest. i only finished it to try and sell the car - but i am likely to get more for the kit than the car itself.

Put this on the car and get it tuned - should be good to go.

car runs at the moment as well as it use to factory - but has potential.

i dont mind test drives - but i would want the money or at least a sizeable deposit before stripping.

looking at around 5k for this.

you could bolt it on and drive it in a weekend.

pungatree1
06-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Do you have the original airbox and would you sell it? I bought my car with a HKS pod filter and would like to try the original air box

AllBeItMine
06-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Do you have the original airbox and would you sell it? I bought my car with a HKS pod filter and would like to try the original air box

No. I dont sorry.

AllBeItMine
08-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Awesome level of interest...

mpau009
08-07-2007, 12:15 AM
:thinking:...... $1 reserve:scholar: :afro:

It would be an awesome setup, and if i happen to rob a bank i'll let you know:baby:

Did you get any numbers out of it in the end? or was it still in the tuning stage.

bradc
08-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Thats the issue, you need to have a dyno run or a quarter mile time, then it will be worth something. The last time I was in the car, it was quick sure, but not as quick as my purple car. Obviously the TD04's are capable of quite a lot, but we need to see it.

Gly
08-07-2007, 01:18 AM
great bit of kit,

and id be keen on buying it if i had that much spare cash...

but i prefer to do it myself... i think you have more of a sence of achivement building it yourself rather than paying someone else to do it for you...

thats cheating! (imo)

AllBeItMine
08-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Thats the issue, you need to have a dyno run or a quarter mile time, then it will be worth something. The last time I was in the car, it was quick sure, but not as quick as my purple car. Obviously the TD04's are capable of quite a lot, but we need to see it.

haha. last time you were in the car - or should I say the only time - I was half throttling it to 4500rpm. And your car spent a year with a professional tuner.

Fair enough though on knowing the numbers.

Gly - if you are keen to have a go at this yourself - come look at mine first - at least that way you can see teh things i did right - and the things i did wrong that you can learn from.

AllBeItMine
08-07-2007, 01:47 AM
and id be keen on buying it if i had that much spare cash...

Always thought it funny that people say this. You are going to struggle to buy the materials alone for this much. I had hookups on all of it and it still cost a fortune.

but anyway - as i said, keen to help out a fellow enthusiast if i can. let me know if you want to have a look see.

Gly
08-07-2007, 06:26 AM
yep sent you an email earlier....

i can get alot done on the cheap (pipe work/welding theu my dad, and parts thru Trademe, and i have a mate at STA parts)....

but its the sort of project i buy parts as i can afford them...
it takes me a while but i finally get there

alot easier to spend a few hundred over a peroid of time,

than it is for me to get 5k together so i can do it all in one go.

ShadyNZer
10-07-2007, 12:11 PM
nice, 5k is a mean deal...who would be able to install all this tho? would u be putting it back together on whoevers car? or helping...or would u point in the right direction.....man thats nice...

AllBeItMine
10-07-2007, 09:33 PM
it would actually be really simple to do - you do need to take the engine out though.

and although that sounds like quite a daunting job - its not really.

The thing with the galants is that all the plugs and wires and tubes in the loom can only go back in the right place - as all the plugs are all different shapes so can only go back where they came from.

once the engine is out - its a piece of cake to get to all the bits and swap them out.

I must admit - it was very easy having a hoist to work on - as i just lifted the car over the top of the engine - but its still pretty easy.

DefeXion
11-07-2007, 03:29 AM
how much are you wanting for the whole car?

keen to trade for Legnum STR :D (hey... I can try)

d i c k i e s
12-07-2007, 01:34 AM
would be keen on the piping? how much u after.... i saw a kit on trademe go for at $500 buy now? was for an older model VR4

im talking bout:

*All custom intake piping 2.5 inch

could be keen on

*All custom alloy intercooler piping 2.5inch and 3inch

not sure about fitment as mine is a facelift model. (would it fit)

Munta
12-07-2007, 01:57 AM
dam dats a ery nice kit!!!! if i had the $.... dam right things at the wrong time lol

Gly
12-07-2007, 05:43 AM
would be keen on the piping? how much u after.... i saw a kit on trademe go for at $500 buy now? was for an older model VR4

im talking bout:

*All custom intake piping 2.5 inch

could be keen on

*All custom alloy intercooler piping 2.5inch and 3inch

not sure about fitment as mine is a facelift model. (would it fit)

wont fit your car thou,

his is all custom to suit larger turbos etc.

and you cant compare this piping to the cost of the piping on a single turbo vr4.
there alot more effort in setting it up for a a twin.

d i c k i e s
13-07-2007, 05:42 AM
thats why i said it was for an older model... newer models are worth a bit more.

i didnt consider the larger turbos would be an issue.

AllBeItMine
14-07-2007, 11:49 AM
nah - theres not much point selling the piping seperately - then i would be pretty buggered.

going to put the car on trademe next week - start the bidding at around 8k - reserve to be around 10k

ShadyNZer
16-07-2007, 12:02 PM
damn id try and sell my car just to buy urs lol....ahhh well good luck...

SHOWVR
06-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Still for sale?

AllBeItMine
14-08-2007, 07:11 AM
whole car is going on trademe no reserve at the end of August.

will post up when that happens.

djb160
14-08-2007, 09:22 AM
I can't believe no one has scooped it up for 10K. Anyone want to give me a long term loan??? :D

mahartika
27-08-2007, 09:06 AM
do you have a payment plan? what about a swap for the standard setup as part payment? email me a mahartika@supernerd.com.au

AllBeItMine
31-08-2007, 10:17 PM
No payment plan and not up on trademe yet.

will be soon though. just bought the replacement vehicle. a little cyborg