PDA

View Full Version : Seating position ... Still haven't got it right.

KiwiTT
23-12-2003, 12:24 AM
Eventually I'll get it right.

If I lower the Steeing wheel, I find myself bumping it with my legs.

If I Lower the front of the seat, I lose leg support.

If I put the seat further back, my arms aren't bent at 120-150 degrees.

In the meantime, I just make do. However I would like to know the optimum position, allowing for different heights.

How do other people sit ?

BraindG
23-12-2003, 01:57 AM
im the like a straight back and my arms pretty straight - i have the back of the chair as low as it goes INSERT INTO post VALUES (the base).. and the back support is up pretty straight.. im 6"3 or so, so the seats quite far back aswell for my legs.. but they are still 70 degrees or so..

KiwiTT
23-12-2003, 02:21 AM
Will give that a try. I'm 5'10"

Nick VR4
23-12-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm about 5'10 and have
Seat front high as possible
Steering wheel at top position
If I stretch my arms out wrists are touching top of the steering wheel which according to Top Gear is the right distance

I guess its all to do with what you feel comfy with :)

KiwiTT
23-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Now that is a thought. Wrists on top of the Steering wheel as a measure. You are just never to old to learn.

Brind
25-12-2003, 06:12 PM
I sit where ever is comfortable, I guess my wrists would be in the correct position though.
I find the recaros are hopeless if you're in traffic as there is only basic adjustment and no up and down movement and the recaros are shaped with a very deep base that on some occasions it can give lower back pain and I never suffer from anything like so it is definitely the seats.

Positon also changes depending on journey, if I'm racing around I'll be more upright and closer whereas if I'm traveling miles on end without interruption I'll end up slouching until I'm on the floor... very safe too. :$