PDA

View Full Version : SAFC2 initialisation problem

peter thomson
07-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi i installed an SAFC2 today but i can't get it to initialise properly. I think it keeps returning to the hotwire setting rather than accepting karman input as when I start the engine the check engine light and TCL warnings light are flashing.
When I check the settings again it has gone back to hotwire. Am I initialising it incorrectly. I go to yes on the menu press the button and then turn off the ignition. Any advice from anybody who has fitted one.
Do I need to put in any of the warning data points at the moment or leave them until it has been set up on a rolling road.

Nutter_John
07-07-2007, 07:39 PM
sounds like it is not remembering the settings you are making , could be a fault with the unit

peter thomson
07-07-2007, 07:47 PM
If its faulty that will be a real pain as its a few months since I bought it. Is there any chance I have not completed the initialisation properly? I think it was Opie I bought it from. I will contact them on monday if I don't get anywhere with it.

Nutter_John
07-07-2007, 07:51 PM
The last one Installed I just had to reset it and it just worked until it went on the rollers , have double checked the wriing etc

peter thomson
07-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes I rechecked the wires but I will try a reset and see what that does.Thanks

peter thomson
07-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Problem solved. I was pressing yes when I should have pressed no to save the data.:scholar: