PDA

View Full Version : A Fun but expensive day :)

AncientOfMu
08-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Well got to practise some of my photography skills and look at some great machinery today....

I need to work on the settings for the camera more but here are some of my favourite pics of the day...

djwarden
09-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Awesome pics, I especially like the 2nd one! :afro:

Joanne
09-07-2007, 03:43 AM
Have you got a bigger one of the Sally B?!?!?! Please, please, please?!?!?!

She doesn't come down this end of the world, and I have no idea where my photo's of her are from the last airshow I went to before we moved here :(

AncientOfMu
09-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Have you got a bigger one of the Sally B?!?!?! Please, please, please?!?!?!

She doesn't come down this end of the world, and I have no idea where my photo's of her are from the last airshow I went to before we moved here :(

I have a couple more, ill dig them out tnight. :)

Nick VR4
09-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Ohhh nice pics

stevec205gti
09-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Where did you go to take these?

AncientOfMu
09-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Duxford IWM, Flying Legends Air Show, Yesterday.

£29 per Adult :speechles

Cost us just shy of £70 for the family :(.

I also have a short video of roughly 20ish WW2 fighters flying over in formation but i need to host it somewhere.

stevec205gti
09-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I thought it would be with you being quite close - there's a little car park/field at the end of the airfield my dad normally goes into for good photo's - it's very good if you're just after shots, but if you're trying to keep the rest of the family happy then you're better off going inside!

I-S
09-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Nice ones!

I was fortunate enough to get a chance to crawl around inside a B17 while I was visiting the air museum in Palm Springs CA. Sounds great, but I spent about 40 mins in there, and it was HOT (it was about 40C OUTSIDE, and sitting inside a tin can with glass domes all over it...). Awesome experience though (and actually more interesting than standing inside the spruce goose).

I really should visit more airshows again.

AncientOfMu
09-07-2007, 09:56 PM
CVR4 will only let me upload 1024x768, if you want the originals let me know any ill e-mail them to you.

Joanne
10-07-2007, 01:23 AM
Thank you :)/thankyou /Poms

valleyforge1
10-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Wicked. Ive always had abit of a soft spot for the B-17.Sounded like a good day out.The up and coming spitfire day should be something to remember to,

Crossbow
10-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Look like a nice day out but £29 is a bit much, but then to keep them aircraft in the air now cost a lot with the new CAA laws on insurance for public displays

Jimbo
10-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Nice pictures Don.

Tell me....the pics of the F15 with the mustangs - I saw a similar show at Fairford last year.....was yours spoilt by a schmaltzy music track ["Oh sweet dear mama, all our heroes are-a-gone now", or something along those lines] acompanied by a completely over-eager air force major, who when he wasn't dedicating every single flypast (to his squadron, his wingman, his country, his best friend, his pet dog, etc), was telling us all that the F15 was clearly the best goddamn plane in the world ever, ever, ever, amen. ?

(didn't spoil it for me at the time...I was too wrapped up watching the flying)

AncientOfMu
11-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Nice pictures Don.

Tell me....the pics of the F15 with the mustangs - I saw a similar show at Fairford last year.....was yours spoilt by a schmaltzy music track ["Oh sweet dear mama, all our heroes are-a-gone now", or something along those lines] acompanied by a completely over-eager air force major, who when he wasn't dedicating every single flypast (to his squadron, his wingman, his country, his best friend, his pet dog, etc), was telling us all that the F15 was clearly the best goddamn plane in the world ever, ever, ever, amen. ?

(didn't spoil it for me at the time...I was too wrapped up watching the flying)

Uh huh. But we had some gung ho american girlie, that the french commentator kept making sexist comments about. Apart from the very cheesy music and the endless dedications...the sexist stuff was quite amusing in a *oh my gosh i cant believe he just said that* sort of way.