PDA

View Full Version : Clubsport

DefeXion
10-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Do many clubsport events happen in the club? I'm really keen to get out onto a track, paddock, or carpark to do some motorkhana and polish up my driving in hope of attending a full racing event someday.

KiwiTT
10-07-2007, 03:37 AM
The committee has this on it's agenda to look at.

Subaru ETA
10-07-2007, 04:14 AM
i think it was rayray (sorry if it was someone else) was putting in some hard yards on organising a track day. it is quite expensive which i think that puts people off but its great fun! im very keen for this!

DefeXion
10-07-2007, 05:22 AM
I think motorkhana would be great. You don't need terribly much space to do it. Just a parking lot and a few cones. You can do it regularly and it will polish up skills without requiring fuel and money getting on the track. No safety concerns. It's all lowspeed driving, and drivers can mingle while someones on the track.

So, yes please KiwiTT. I look forward to some good news.

rayray24
10-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Yeah, but still a while to go yet?!?! It's harder than it looks /pan. But this is a good idea too.

Xeroid
12-07-2007, 10:38 AM
If you are going to do motokhana better find somewhere smooth and flat so we don't dink all our lips on the gravel. /Grrr
Mate of mine did one in the back carpark of Alexandra Park with the MX5 club, ( I took the Cyborg along ) but one of the members was the Pres of the Trotting track so approval wasn't a problem. had a nice wee bit of loose gravel on the top which was excellent !! /rally
Good fun, but be interesting in a big car with all the clever stuff on board. MX5's with rwd were hilarious ...:happy:

DefeXion
12-07-2007, 09:46 PM
need a BIG empty carpark... but where?

The Skum
13-07-2007, 04:02 AM
I've always wanted to organise one of these events but finding a viable location always seems to be a problem.

What are the minimum space requirements for a fun gymkhana?
Perhaps the UK people know....

Anyway....Google Earth is our friend for finding places.

The back car park at Alexandria is about 350m x 50m = 17500m2

The large car park at Ericsson stadium is 85m x 85m = 7225m2

The depot for Toll in Onehunga could be quite big if an area was sealed off.

Unfortunately their aren't very many big spaces that could be used in the weekend.

However i have found one carpark of a church that measures 75m x 50m in central auckland. 5 bucks if anyone else can spot it...