PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch

BraindG
11-07-2007, 11:14 AM
/rally

Ordered my new clutch yesterday, same as before a Spec Stage 3 (full kit), 600 smackers wewt..

My order went in for manufacture yesterday afternoon, and the dude said it will be done today, and off with UPS shippage so expect it on Friday :speechles /rally

no more squeekage, or rubbage soon, oh.. the joy of it all.

k... now I just need suspension cos ive got a droopy lop sided vr4 atm:inquisiti

Nick Mann
11-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Cool!! :afro:

With the suspension, your car will be close to your dream, won't it?

Hmmmmm........ Suspension. That reminds me!! Why is no-one asking for payment for Diayama stuff with electrickery?

BraindG
11-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Cool!! :afro:

With the suspension, your car will be close to your dream, won't it?

Hmmmmm........ Suspension. That reminds me!! Why is no-one asking for payment for Diayama stuff with electrickery?
will be close yup.. just the brembos and then the rear stuff like bearings to do - at this stage it should handle like a dream.

Gowf
12-07-2007, 07:54 PM
You doing it on your drive again when it arrives? if so you are my hero!!!!

Do you by anychance know the static torque capacity of the specIII? still cant get any info on mine.

White Lightning
12-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Cool ... :afro:

You deffo going to the Diayama's aswell then Nick?

Nick Mann
12-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Aye, Wayne. The blighters want my money now though!

Barry, I know how much glumness there has been about your car for the last couple of years. I can't imagine how excited you are at the moment!! I bet you are driving Chrissy nuts!!

White Lightning
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM

:inquisiti

How come?

Sorry Barry ... /Hijack

Great news about getting your car finally sorted though mate :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
12-07-2007, 08:50 PM
How come?

Well not now this minute, but apparently I can't have a free set! /pan

Anyway, I'll stop hijacking too now. :P

BraindG
13-07-2007, 09:06 AM
hijack away - yeah, mesa a happy bunney, also found out yesterday that all that work i done as overtime is finally coming my way, thats the suspension right there... weeeee :D - so next wages ill be getting some teins from rhd.

White Lightning
13-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Excellent ... :happy:

We don't get over time :bigcry:

We are just expected to do the extra hours for nothing ... /Grrr

ritch_w
13-07-2007, 09:53 AM
how come your last clutch didnt last long? I recall all the hullabaloo you had fitting it, and taking it out and refitting it... etc etc

BraindG
13-07-2007, 11:34 AM
well - basically my bad, i drove the uprated clutch as if it was a normal one, and as such ive glazed it.... thats the long and short of it :D

Crickle
13-07-2007, 12:43 PM

Barry, I know how much glumness there has been about your car for the last couple of years. I can't imagine how excited you are at the moment!! I bet you are driving Chrissy nuts!!

Nah... he hasn't driven me nuts... I'm looking forward to seeing his little face covered in oil instead of paint and plaster. He's been so busy helping me the past 5 weeks that he deserves something for him..I.e Manly car stuff!! :scholar:

it'll be nice to just hear his engine when he moves off my drive instead of the clutch slipping squeak I normally hear!

K9NG
13-07-2007, 01:08 PM
well - basically my bad, i drove the uprated clutch as if it was a normal one, and as such ive glazed it.... thats the long and short of it :D

Barry how come you need such a heavy duty clutch?
Is your car heavily modded?

zentac
13-07-2007, 01:23 PM
If youve already got that same package vant you get the clutch replated?

BraindG
16-07-2007, 11:42 AM
weeeee its arrived :D - 5 days not bad..

bradc
17-07-2007, 06:53 AM
now will you be printing out your own articles?

Eurospec
17-07-2007, 09:00 AM
By the way top tip- if you dont have one, hire an engine crane. Use this to dangle the box from when you go for installation. This makes it a lot simpler to get the box back on when the motor is still in the car.

Cheers,

Ben.

BraindG
17-07-2007, 09:01 AM
If youve already got that same package vant you get the clutch replated?
now i have two to play with, so aye - could do this with the current one once its out.. then swap again in a few years :D

now will you be printing out your own articles?
tis all in me brain :scholar:

Barry how come you need such a heavy duty clutch?
Is your car heavily modded?
Not that heavily modified, but original plan was to get it cos it was slipping (at bruntinthrope) then get forged internals etc... thats not happened, but may happen, and as such getting the same clutch :scholar: just incase.