PDA

View Full Version : gallant servicing

jal5075
11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I own 2.5 v6 galant

My car has done 79,000 miles and gearbox is showing signs of problems. The gear lever wont smoothly change from P to D etc. It needs to be done with a bit of force, any reasons why this is happening? Sometimes I fear it might break.

Also I gather there is a gallant service centre in stoke, looking at the website.

How do they differ from Mitsubishi motors? Crediabilties?

some other questions:

How much do they charge for full service?

How long does servicing take?

How much for spark plugs replacements?

Typically, whats their labour charges like? High like Mitsubishis?

Do they provide courtersy car?

Nice forum, only that it took me a while to understand that this forum isn’t just VR4 related although name suggests.

Nick VR4
11-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi and Welcome to the forum

I'm sure someone here from WRD will inform you

AFAIK no courtsey car is given

MPBVr4
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the forum, masses of info here for you. The difference between
WRD and a Mitsi dealer is - WRD know what they are doing. Also good company while they fix your car and some times provide sausage sandwich's.

Nutter_John
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi And Welcome to the club

Thanks Malc , your correct as well that we do understand the Galants very very well .

Our prices are fair and a hell of a lot cheaper than Main dealers

I will price your requirements up and send you a private message with the details

Nick Mann
11-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Hello and welcome to the club! /Welcome

I am friends with WRD so am biased, but they get better reviews than main dealers, along with lower prices.

Can I point out that the badge on the back of your car only has one L?

And the club was originally set up for VR4s but non-VR4 owners have become a larger and larger part of the club. Hence the sentence in the first paragraph on the home page: "We are primarily focused on the 8th Generation Mitsubishi Galant and Mitsubishi Legnum VR4's, However we have an ever increasing number of standard Mitsubishi Galant and Legnum owners joining the club."

Paul Beazer
11-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Nick mann = Club Pedant!:iloveyou: