PDA

View Full Version : 6A13 big end bearings

stevieturbo
14-07-2007, 07:29 PM
As title...
I have one here where a big end has spun ( no oil ).

Mitsi dealer isnt much help, as they dont seem to list oversize bearings. Indeed they list standard as 53mm journals, but this engine appears to have 51mm journals.

Anyone offer any help ?

I can get the crank ground locally, but no sense doing it if I cant get bearings to suit. Mains seem to be ok.

Failing that...anyone know of any good cranks, or complete short motors ?

amsoil
14-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Most crank grinders will supply bearings too; just ask him to supply bearings to whatever size he has to grind to. I'd be a bit more concerned about the rods, if you have spun a bearing (why no oil?) then the rod will ideally need replacing with one that matches its weight. You may (just may) get away with what is called resizing.

As title...
I have one here where a big end has spun ( no oil ).

Mitsi dealer isnt much help, as they dont seem to list oversize bearings. Indeed they list standard as 53mm journals, but this engine appears to have 51mm journals.

Anyone offer any help ?

I can get the crank ground locally, but no sense doing it if I cant get bearings to suit. Mains seem to be ok.

Failing that...anyone know of any good cranks, or complete short motors ?

stevieturbo
15-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Most crank grinders will supply bearings too; just ask him to supply bearings to whatever size he has to grind to. I'd be a bit more concerned about the rods, if you have spun a bearing (why no oil?) then the rod will ideally need replacing with one that matches its weight. You may (just may) get away with what is called resizing.

Thanks, we have sourced another good used rod/piston, so thats covered.

Problem with the bearings is...nobody lists bearings for this engine, in standard or undersize.

Tried the usual bearing suppliers, including the guy who grinds them. Mitsi list the 53mm diam....but this crank measures 51mm....gets kinda weird.

Mitsi seem to offer some sort of colour size coding, but its just tolerances. Not for re-grinds.

no oil...because the owner didnt bother his ass checking it !!! Gona be an expensive mistake !

zedy1
15-07-2007, 09:49 AM
is it the turbo or non turbo model

stevieturbo
15-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Its a twin turbo estate.

zentac
15-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Ive had to order bearings from Japan, 3 week wait. as standard there are 3 sizes S1,S2,S3 (although CAPS lists S1 to S5) they only vary by 10's of a mm.

Eurospec
16-07-2007, 09:47 AM
You can get them from Camskill guys.

He holds all the std sizes in stock. You cant buy oversize from Mitsubishi.

However, this will only help you if you are replacing your crank with another good one. There is not enough variation in the 'select fits' (they arent select fit, but you know what i mean) to take a regrind.

If you are regrinding, insist the engineering shop provides you with matched shells, mains and thrusts. If they say they cant, go somewhere else. I know a very good place if you need details.

If you use a replacement crank, then be sure to order the correct bearing from the marks on the crank, and be sure to plastiguage it to make sure it comes back in spec.

Cheers,

Ben.

stevieturbo
16-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Anywhere that can help supply parts, or possibly machine/supply would be appreciated.

More so if you have used these people before, and can say 100% they are capable of doing the job.

Thanks, Stevie