PDA

View Full Version : I need Help good people!!

big Pete
15-07-2007, 02:08 PM
On my way back from wales yesterday, just got past Membury services, then POP!!/Grrr

Power all gone, came to spluttering halt on hard shoulder:sad3:

There wasn't loads of black smoke, and there wasn't any loud rattlings or any other nasty noises! But there was some black smoke.

I'm hoping that it may just be a hose or something simple, but I my gut feeling says otherwise:sad3: :sad3:

Have any of you guy's and galls had a similar problem? Is it terminal? I was planning some mods soon, but not like this tho'!!

I would be most grateful for any feed back, so I can start getting the repairs organised:smash: :inquisiti

Thanks in advance

Pete

peter thomson
15-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Sounds like one of the turbo hoses has blown off. happened to me once and the car would start and then just die when you applied any throttle

big Pete
15-07-2007, 02:23 PM
I really hope that is the case, Thanks very much for the quick reply Peter, I think I'll go and try to have a look!

Thanks again.

stuartturbo
15-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I did have a similar butt clenching moment i blew off a blanking plug where the recirc had been changed to a VTA. Idled and rev but would not drive at all

big Pete
15-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Yep, the car starts and ticks over, although a bit rough, even look at the throttle and the engine dies.

Your not wrong about the butt clenching moment!! I had the Mrs and the rug-rat in the car, so I was only pottering along, was about to pass another car, then it hapened!

big Pete
15-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Found the blighter!!

Just had a quick look under the bonet, and thought ...start at the top etc,etc.

Well, first thing I looked at was the main inlet manifold, where it joins the manifold from the intercooler, and hey presto, one very blown rubber seal that fit's round the pipework, so major panic over!!

Any of you lovely's might know where I could get hold of one a bit sharpish??

I've cleaned up the old one and I have the part number.....which is nice!

Thanks in advance

ATB

Pete

Kieran
15-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I presume you're on about the seal on the plastic pipe that joins to the inlet manifold? If so, that bloody seal is notorious!

Unfortunately, MitsuTwitty only sell the pipe and rubber seal as one unit. It's about 80 notes I think.

Other options.... www.rhdjapan.com sell a pro shop IIda ally intake pipe and silicone coupler for about 85 quid delivered. However, you can't fit it with a standard airbox in place - the bend of the pipe is a larger radius and fouls the back of the airbox.

Other option is to give Mo at Galant Spares a call (Check out 'Mini Sites' under the resources tab).

big Pete
15-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Your a star sir!!

Thanks muchly for that, I shall let you know how I get on.

ATB

Pete