PDA

View Full Version : is it over priced

richard_v6
15-07-2007, 06:01 PM
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=MITSUBISHI&min_pr=75&source=0&model=LEGNUM&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=b98+7qh&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&ukcarsearch_full.x=67&ukcarsearch_full.y=13&start=10&distance=164&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200725290112784 it has a moon roof only 1 i have found
looked at the x reg white 1 at keighley same price as i above but from doing a search on hear people are not inpressed by there service
:speechles

thecustomer
15-07-2007, 06:48 PM
... I guess it depends what a manual box is worth to you.

It's a Type V (I think, from the photos: there's only a UK fog lamp switch below/right of the steering wheel: a Type S would have a traction control switch there)
so you haven't got AYC: the exhaust & turbo timer suggest it's been driven by an enthusiast. Which is fine, if they've looked after it. How soon does the tappet noise stop after a cold start? (almost instantly would be good)
Does the aircon blow cold?
How many recall stickers on the rear window - it should have 3 or 4.

At that age it should have had timing belts & brake fluids changed in the past year - the $64,000 question is whether the warranty they're selling it with would honour a timing belt failure, with the paperwork you'd get from them?

It's certainly worth trying to negotiate an extension to the warranty, and make sure the claim limit is £3k if you can (£1k calim limit won't get you very far if any major component fails.)

hope that helps

It's certainly a fine looking car - and buying a cheaper fresh import may not save you money after a year bringing it up to scratch.

Will

richard_v6
15-07-2007, 08:00 PM

It's a Type V (I think, from the photos: there's only a UK fog lamp switch below/right of the steering wheel: a Type S would have a traction control switch there)
so you haven't got AYC: the exhaust & turbo timer suggest it's been driven by an enthusiast. Which is fine, if they've looked after it. How soon does the tappet noise stop after a cold start? (almost instantly would be good)
Does the aircon blow cold?
How many recall stickers on the rear window - it should have 3 or 4.

At that age it should have had timing belts & brake fluids changed in the past year - the $64,000 question is whether the warranty they're selling it with would honour a timing belt failure, with the paperwork you'd get from them?

It's certainly worth trying to negotiate an extension to the warranty, and make sure the claim limit is £3k if you can (£1k calim limit won't get you very far if any major component fails.)

hope that helps

It's certainly a fine looking car - and buying a cheaper fresh import may not save you money after a year bringing it up to scratch.

Will
your info will be very helpfull thanks again

Kieran
15-07-2007, 08:11 PM

so you haven't got AYC

Not quite. The Type-V didn't exist before 1998 - You had two flavours of VR-4, the 'VR-4' and the 'VR-4 Type-S'. That one's just a vanilla 'VR-4' - but that's no bad thing... You still get AYC, just no traction control. You also get the (IMHO better looking) BBS alloys. Other than that it's just like the Type-S really.

Interestingly, they've declared the auction grade.... And it's a 4. That's quite unusual... 4 means 'very good' whereas most at this age are around 3 / 3.5 (Which is average- but remember these are jap standards and as such the condition of an 'average' jap car will usually be better than an 'average' used car in the UK).

On paper it looks pretty good... But it's an expensive car, even if it is in good nick. 6K is into facelift territory, so think carefully.

thecustomer
15-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Not quite. The Type-V didn't exist before 1998 - You had two flavours of VR-4, the 'VR-4' and the 'VR-4 Type-S'. That one's just a vanilla 'VR-4' - but that's no bad thing... You still get AYC, just no traction control.

aha
I stand corrected
:scholar:

Interestingly, they've declared the auction grade.... And it's a 4. That's quite unusual... 4 means 'very good' whereas most at this age are around 3 / 3.5

I agree: mine was a Grade 4: almost unmarked: wear on the leather was really just dirt, and the bodywork free of supermarket trolley dings. You might find the odd surface mark in the paint, but no more than that.

Will

bradc
15-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah being a prefacelift it will definately have AYC, but being a manual it won't have ASC or TCL.

It does look like a very nice car in good condition, but it should be about 4000 pounds, rather than 6000 pounds

Axeboys car has black leather and is a manual, why not buy that?