PDA

View Full Version : metallica

ingocaius
16-07-2007, 04:40 PM
went to see them at wembley last week 22 years after first time i saw them god im getting old .
anyroad was pretty good support bands were pants mind, may just be my age but some guy just screaming and a constant drone just dont do it for me
/pan

White Lightning
16-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Why wasn't I informed ... /Grrr

Metallica are pretty much at the top of my list of bands that I have not seen that I want to see ...

Glad you had a good time.

Have they got a new album out or something?

pitslayer
16-07-2007, 04:46 PM
lol, who were the support bands, ive seen some awfull bands in my time for free, turisas, manso, lamb of god, children of bodom, hello goodbye...cant really complain i saw them all for free, no wait yeh i can they were rubbish lol, hello goodbye played at my local pub a few months back before they released there song, wondered why it sounded familiar when they released it. then i remembered i shouted at them to go back to russia and play some slayer, whilst sat having a pint....which was the followed up by shouting at them to shut up lol....so who were the bands unless there american ive probably seen them for free live

Paul Beazer
16-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Metalica, the first band i ever saw live. Back in the days when they were'nt ****.

psbarham
16-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Metalica, the first band i ever saw live. Back in the days when they were'nt ****.

so you mean any tour before and including Black then ??

Gowf
16-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I saw them in '99 when they played the big day out. Unfortunately after that the illusion was finaly over for me. For someone who grew up on 'and justice' it just didnt cut the mustard. Bring back Cliff thats all i can say!

Si.
16-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I was really tempted to get tickets for them but was put off by the support acts. Bullet for my Valentine i can just abut cope with, but H.I.M. and Masterdon i can't...

Really want to see them though :(

AderC
16-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Seen 'em a few times years back. Was at NEC birmingham in 1990 I think - they played over 3 hours, ran out of songs and it were doing requests by the end. After they said it was the best gig they'd ever done. Missed the train home too!

Went downhill after the "black" album for me.

aDe

psbarham
16-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Went downhill after the "black" album for me.

amen

White Lightning
17-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Yes, I think they peaked at And Justice For All and the Black album. Haven't thought much of the stuff they have done since then. The odd track here and there has been good though.

I don't know what that St Anger album was all about ... total load of tosh /pan

ritch_w
17-07-2007, 08:27 AM
they still havent surpassed Master of Puppets, the black album is the best post Cliff one, but MoP is the only one still in the car!

Eurospec
17-07-2007, 08:42 AM
The black album was very very good. Back then if you heard them live it was so precise and clear, you could have been listening to the cd.

Ho hum, metalica metalica, guns and roses use your illusion and faith no more- now that was a decent time in music.

(goes for pipe and slippers)

Cheers,

Ben.

White Lightning
17-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Ho hum, metalica metalica, guns and roses use your illusion and faith no more- now that was a decent time in music.

/yes

I assume you are talking about the Real Thing album ... if so I've got all of those CDs on the shelf ... :drummer:

'Epic' is an awesome track /yes

Eurospec
17-07-2007, 10:57 AM
/yes

I assume you are talking about the Real Thing album ... if so I've got all of those CDs on the shelf ... :drummer:

'Epic' is an awesome track /yes

Yep, thats the puppy.

Cheers,

Ben.

ingocaius
17-07-2007, 07:51 PM
when i first saw them at monsters of rock they were pretty new, this gig was mostly for the wife who is big into them must say they were pretty polished sounded good and yeah they are in studio at the mo doing full tour next year.
next gig is heaven and hell aka black sabbath ronnie james dio line up, but one im waiting for acdc recording new album and tour next year and i know they been mostly pants album wise since back in black live they kick serious bottom

Si.
17-07-2007, 08:16 PM
The black album is definately arguably their best overall album (I was 8 when that was released :afro: ), but the likes of Master of Puppets, ...and justice for all and ride the lightening easily have better and more iconic tracks on.

The only notable thing after the black album was the S&M album and DVD, a 100 peice symphony Orcestra live on stage with the band is an awesome thing to watch for a couple of hours! :iloveyou:

AderC
17-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Master of Puppets is in my autochanger at the mo too. Can never decide between that and Ride the Lightning. Sad but True is by far my fave track though.

I've never forgiven guns n roses for cancelling a gig in Manchester on my 21st birthday. Sore throat my ar$e!

aDe

White Lightning
17-07-2007, 09:27 PM
The only notable thing after the black album was the S&M album and DVD, a 100 peice symphony Orcestra live on stage with the band is an awesome thing to watch for a couple of hours! :iloveyou:

Totally agree. I forgot about the S&M album. Very good /yes

Paul Beazer
18-07-2007, 06:22 PM
What about the garage days re re revisited EP that came out about 8 years ago, that wasnt bad. Dont even talk to me about St Anger, i could get a better drum sound out of a BDA air intake pipe (Baked Bean tin for those not in the know).

Andy Teg
18-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Bring back Cliff thats all i can say!

Now thats going to be pretty damn difficult!!! He was an absolutely amazing bass player, the stuff on the Cliff Em All video when he's playing solos on a bass is fantastic!

Throbbe
22-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Always best to see them at a festival. If they have an hour or so they always play a decent tight set. Their own gigs just ramble on until nearly everyone is bored witless. Admittedly, he was better last time I saw them about 5 years ago, but Kirk Hammett was always appaling live, as if he was listening to a different song to everyone else.