PDA

View Full Version : scottish ian's gls.

Big Ian
27-12-2003, 02:26 AM
some pics of my G-ride www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500686

Big Ian
27-12-2003, 02:35 AM
some more pics please let me know what you guy's think about what ive done so far .

Nick Mann
27-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Impressive! Keep up the good work!

Can I ask how much the h/lights were? I think the look is good, without being ricey.

A whole lot of attention to detail going on. Kieran will be jealous!

:thumb1:

Spirit
27-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Very nice Ian, keep up the good work mate

Big Ian
27-12-2003, 11:20 AM
HI NICK
i got the angel eye ring's on ebay and fitted them using a hair dryer,power drill a lot of pactiance and hell of a lot of swear word's. 9 hrs work and 10 blisterd finger tip's
i was smile'n for day's when i'd finished :-)

Nick VR4
27-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Nice looking car Ian
Keep up the good work :D

Kieran
27-12-2003, 01:05 PM
:thumbsup: :smitten: Like it! It takes care of the things that spoil the GLS INSERT INTO post VALUES (wheels, ride height and no body skirts).

OK - question time! :D
Have you got any shots of your engine bay? I would be interested in seeing your intake arrangement.
I agree with Nick - the angel eyes look good - where did you get the idea? was it at the galant center.com?

How much was your exhaust job INSERT INTO post VALUES (and I don't suppose you've got a WAV or MP3 file of what it sounds like)?

Big Ian
27-12-2003, 01:31 PM
hi kieran
i like'd the look of the bmw lights and thought "i could do that" till mine i have never seen one done like this, my exhaust system sound's standardINSERT INTO post VALUES (for now) it is only a feed from the standard back box feed pipe via a joint on T peice,a meter or 2 of stainless flexy pipe,metal ties,exhaust clamp's and a pair of slash cut trim's all home built for around £35-£45.as for the intake i have added a k,n panel fillter drilled holes in the standard air box INSERT INTO post VALUES (before the fillter) and also added a ram air pipe by drilling a large hole in the bottom of theair boxINSERT INTO post VALUES (the box that hang's bellow the intake ) fitted a length of flexy hose and on the other end fitted a polished alloy intake fittingINSERT INTO post VALUES (you can see this next to my reg number behind the mesh) everything done to my car has been done by myself i'm on a tight budget so i just make do with what i can.

BraindG
27-12-2003, 01:34 PM
very nice!... me likes the lights!.. i was thinking of doing the same thing... there was a step by step guide on how to make them... somewhere... looked fairly easy... :) gj!

Big Ian
27-12-2003, 01:43 PM
i got mine on ebay the hardestINSERT INTO post VALUES (and longest) bit was opening the head light's as they are bonded i used a hair dryer to soften the bond and pulled them apart.to fit the eye's i got i had to remove the black panel from in side the head light and file a bit of the excess from around the eye's,wired to the side light's with the side light bulb removed it is straight forward to do but like i said it take's a bit of time.

Big Ian
28-12-2003, 01:15 AM
hi guy's thank's for the feed back. i,m thinking of getting a high level rear spoiler what do you think would look good,subaru wrx,evo6/7,shogunINSERT INTO post VALUES (abit like the evo but with a bend on the lower blade) or just leave as it is? ive not modded anything for 4/5 week's an i,m getting bored..

zedy1
28-12-2003, 01:35 AM
looks excellent mate, i like the lights and the boot lid, wouldnt mined doing that to mine how did you get that done?

Big Ian
28-12-2003, 02:20 AM
:cool1: i did this mod my self it's really easy to do i'll try and post some close up pic's for you to see cost's allmost nothing to do and about an hour to do=2 "flat" counter sunk hindge's,power drill,screw driver,flat head counter sunk screw's,marker pen an a freind to help with the weightINSERT INTO post VALUES (i did it on my own but a freind would have been helpfull) i still have 2 bolt's in place so it work's normal then take the 2 bolt's out when i want to flip it. i did this as i was intending to do a boot install but ive not got that far yet with the ice stuff :D

zedy1
28-12-2003, 02:24 AM
im going to re d my boot instal soon and i think this md looks cool so it on a civic at jae

Big Ian
28-12-2003, 02:33 AM
zedy1
have you got any pic's of your car it look's well kitted out

BraindG
28-12-2003, 01:36 PM
http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1373

Big Ian
28-12-2003, 02:42 PM
:thumb1: ZEDY your car fcuk'n awesome :thumb1: if i could get my car half as good lookin as your's :headsc: i'd be happy. INSERT INTO post VALUES (get down boy it's just a car :whip: )

enigma
28-12-2003, 02:45 PM
I am mid way through my boot install........but I have a bit more boot than the saloon boys!!!Boot Install (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=21805#post21805)

Big Ian
28-12-2003, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=Kieran]:thumbsup: :smitten: Like it! It takes care of the things that spoil the GLS INSERT INTO post VALUES (wheels, ride height and no body skirts).

KEIRAN i,ve still got standard skirt's i've only painted them.make's the car look cleaner.i also want to get the front a bit lower. :undecided

Kieran
28-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Did you paint them with just standard Mistubishi Satelite Silver, or did you need to do any prep?

Big Ian
28-12-2003, 07:33 PM
seattle silver A71, wash all the bits with white spirit dry with news paper i used a rubber base coat on the mud flap's and grey base coat on the sill's i also brushed the top coat paint on and then flattend it with wet N dry i did this three time's INSERT INTO post VALUES (top coat) buffed with mix of compound+polish then lightly washed with white spirit then spayed over with clear coat ,i did it like this as i could not get my car colour in spray can,s also give's a harder finishINSERT INTO post VALUES (against stone chip's) not a brush mark in sight and a lot less £££ than a body shop.

KiwiTT
28-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Nice Car. I like the dual exhaust.

ritch_w
29-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Quote "i,m thinking of getting a high level rear spoiler"

I think an STi or EVO 6 spolier would be very nice. dont get one of those F1 style spoilers, i think they spoil the look of the galant......
If you change your spoiler i would be interested in buying yours

STi Spoiler;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451194874&category=23012

Lexus IS 200????
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2450040500&category=23012

Type-R ????
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2450417701&category=23012

Big Ian
29-12-2003, 12:13 PM
cheers rich w i let you know,still think your's would look better with a proper VR4 item?

ritch_w
29-12-2003, 12:16 PM
i agree - but over £300 from the dealers.....

I'm going to lower it 1st though - i'm looking at getting the H&R springs Kieren posted about

Hopefully someone should be buying my lancer turbo on friday and i'll have money for springs and a K&N filter to start the mods!

INSERT INTO post VALUES (edited for dislexia)

Big Ian
29-12-2003, 12:18 PM
i'm also thinking about this spoiler on ebay#2450523614 what do you think?

ritch_w
29-12-2003, 12:24 PM
is there a chat room thingy on here?

Big Ian
29-12-2003, 12:25 PM
yes go to search put chat room and you will find a link undr kierans chat

ritch_w
29-12-2003, 12:26 PM
looks very much an STi spoiler - a good buy if the prices doesnt shoot up

ive seen these before - 2 mins

ritch_w
29-12-2003, 12:27 PM
£185 from auto tint design INSERT INTO post VALUES (in an old BMW mag....:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( )

Big Ian
29-12-2003, 12:30 PM
it's not far off my colourINSERT INTO post VALUES (i'm in the chat room)

ritch_w
29-12-2003, 12:34 PM
wheres the chat room - i cant see any links.....

Big Ian
29-12-2003, 12:39 PM
enter the search at the top of the page put in chat room enter and then enter the post for chat room and their is a link on kierans post in that forum

Big Ian
31-12-2003, 02:51 AM
changed my angel eye's on the one side today"weirdthing"one off the first i fitted a while ago packed in,so to get 1 i had to buy a set of 4 so after fitting a new 1 they where all working then 30min later pop the one i replaced chucked it!! now ive replaced the 2 on that side ill let you all know how long they survive as a few folk have asked about them and it might be a waste of time if they don't last long.

Big Ian
04-01-2004, 12:44 AM
hi kieren just to let you know ive posted the pic's you wanted of my air intake.

Shaz
04-01-2004, 02:16 AM
yo
ya car looks phat, the lights look good, what av you done to ya boot, cuz ma brovas got a GLS and his boot opens different, if your goin for a spoiler watch out cuz they can add weight to the boot, so you will have to put extra power in to open the boot and make sure you dont slam it when you close it, cuz it can damage the hinges. my brovas put a evo 6 spoiler on his and it looks the business, what ever you do make sure the spoiler is big cuz they look really good on these, cars beleive me. what ever spoiler you put on be sure to post sum pics. safe.

Big Ian
04-01-2004, 05:11 AM
Shaz have you any pic's of your bruv's car you can post so i can see how it look's with a "big spoiler" thank's for the comment's about my ride the boot does not alway's open like that it's just for flipp'n for show INSERT INTO post VALUES (& once ive got sound's in the boot).it just open's normal the rest of the time.

Shaz
06-01-2004, 01:16 AM
yo ian

the computer wont let me post the photos for some strange reason so il try to think of anither method to show them to you.

Nick Mann
06-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Try reducing the size to less than 640 pixels wide. There is a Kb size limit too, but I can't remember what it is. At less than 640 pixels wide and a jpeg, it should be okay.

Dmac1969
08-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Ian , your car looks superb! The best modded GLS ive seen...in fact the ONLY modded GLS ive seen , just goes to show what can be done to any model of Galant.

Big Ian
09-01-2004, 03:25 AM
:thumbsup: thank's for the feed back Dmac,ive been well happy :boing3: with all the compliments ive had they help make it more worth while to carry on and fiddle some more=wish list,cone filterINSERT INTO post VALUES (on it's way from USA);2 stainless back boxesINSERT INTO post VALUES (again);lower a bit more maybe adjustable plat form type?,big rear spoiler,window's tinted,do something better with the sound's and if poss change all the seat's. and then 'll do my usual :sad3: get bored an then sell it :uhoh2: :stop: :lolz: no chance :nono: i'll be keeping it it for a long time it might not be the most powerfull of the galant's :thumb1: but ive had it over a year and still get a buzz from driving it,when i do get bored i'll buy a little shi2er and keep the G for the weekend's,to put the :D back on me face. :beerclash

Kieran
09-01-2004, 08:32 AM
So... when are you getting it turboed like the chap who has just joined the forums?... It's a bit too tempting!

Big Ian
10-01-2004, 04:29 AM
hi kieran i got a price on getting a super charger this week and :sad3: it out of my depth £1800.=parts+2 day's labour?. the guy said it'd give massive power for my £ :sick: but like i said on an earlier post i was only asking.but he rekons a 35bhp nitrous kit could be fitted in a day at a cost of £1000 :undecided ,my mate got it fitted to his 180 c-class merc and 8 month later had to get a full engine re build as the gaskets could not handle the power incress and that was it set by his rev's so i'm now thinking of trying to release some more standard power ie=boost valve,5th injector.up graded fuel pump or may be a chip??? or something else that won't put a lot of strain on the standard engine. :smitten: as for the turbo,would'nt it be nice....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ohhhhhhh yeah.......

Kieran
10-01-2004, 12:05 PM
£1800 for a supercharger! Yikes! Interesting about the nitrous on the Merc. We may have similar problems I think... Wasn't the chap with the GLS Turbo in need of stronger pistons...?

Big Ian
10-01-2004, 06:31 PM
my mate's merc's engine is holding the power it was just the gasket's that blew he has a 50bhp kit that only come's in when he reaches 3200 rpm but he can switch it of for when he does not want the extra power,and the super charger was £1800 without labour they could not price it till they had done the job?

Big Ian
13-01-2004, 01:31 AM
:eek: spoke to soon he's just put a piston in the sump :uhoh2: the garage recon 1 of 2 thing's he has pushed to hard without letting the new gasket's settle or his car speedo+rev's were set up for his 18" alloy's with 35 ser-tyres and he is INSERT INTO post VALUES (was) running with his standard 15" wheel's they think the nitro came in to soon and he kept pushing and something had to give?? so today he has found a merc=cossie engine from a 190 and it look's like it's going in to his 180 without nitro.

ritch_w
13-01-2004, 09:20 AM
merc cossies - brilliant motors
a guy i used to work with had one fantastic motor!