PDA

View Full Version : WTB - 7G Galant Parts

mitsgtovr4
18-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Hello,

im in australia i am trying to source the following parts to suit a Mitsubishi HJ Galant vr4 AWD (fitted with a 6a12tt Manual) to complete an awd conversion to my australian delivered galant.

Exhaust (from dump back)
Fuel tank, shield, mounting straps and wiring connectors
AWD Driveshaft
Awd Driveshaft and exhaust brackets (spot welded to transmission tunnel)
if possible bolts holding Transfer case to gearbox

The parts im trying to find most importantly are the tailshaft and fuel tank and associated brackets.

Any assistance you could provide with locating these parts would be greatly appreciated

ive been having great difficulty trying to get these parts in australia because the vr4 was never able to be sold here or imported for road use, most importers see it as too much hassle. im desperate to get the awd system running as i just broke my fwd gearbox

Thanks

Pete

Nick Mann
18-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I think the NZ guys tend to advise a place called Kempys. They seem to have many parts there.

Or you could ship a whole car from the UK?

Here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25651

bradc
18-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Nick might be onto something, just get the entire car shipped from the UK.

7G VR-4's are also very cheap over here, so you might be able to get an entire car shipped from NZ. If you don't want to do that, then Kempys is definately the best place to go.

Gly
18-07-2007, 08:26 PM
www.kempys.co.nz

Goku
18-07-2007, 11:13 PM
The 7g VR-4 is available over there now as an import isn't it?

mitsgtovr4
19-07-2007, 12:52 AM
I think the NZ guys tend to advise a place called Kempys. They seem to have many parts there.

Or you could ship a whole car from the UK?

Here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25651

Hi Nick,

thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunatley bringing in a whole car isnt really economical, or viable for the small number of parts i require, (really only the fuel tank and tailshaft) i already have the engine, gearbox, rear subframe etc.

plus to be elibable for import into australia it would have to be either turned into a half cut of have the roof removed, otherwise customs would send it to the car crusher on me :-(

Goku The 7g VR-4 is available over there now as an import isn't it?

Nope, and it will never happen either, only the 8g is eligable for import

the 7g was sold as a fwd hatch in australia, therefore according to our gay import laws means that it cant be brought in because it was techincally already sold here, even though about the only thing they have in common is the name :-(

Ill try sending an email off to kempys and see if they can help, hopefully they dont want like $700 bux for a fuel tank like the last place who actually had one,

cheers

Pete