PDA

View Full Version : Original cold air feed to stock filter

Brind
08-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Until I can work out how/where/if to move my HKS filter, can someone tell me the measurements of the original feed pipe?

I am going to have a stainless/ally cold air feed aimed at the filter for the time being, the shape isn't important but I need to know exactly how big the funnel is that the bonnet closes on.
Unless I buy a huge lump of Playdough and squish it with the bonnet I don't know.

Help is much appreciated.

Brind
12-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Come on, you know you want to answer me? :)

May I add, the above picture isn't my car therefore I don't know the measurements.:)

Roadrunner
12-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Approx 260mm wide x 60mm high INSERT INTO post VALUES (incl sponge); give or take 3mm INSERT INTO post VALUES (sorry, it's quite dark in the garage ;) )

Brian

Brind
12-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Cheers mate!

Whatsup with the light? *cough*;)

Roadrunner
13-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Didn't want to disturb the mice .... ;)

Petrolhead
13-05-2003, 02:26 PM
I have a thought on this subject.

I have removed my feeder pipe for now, after fitting my new filter.

The feeder pipe, in my opinion, is only going to be of use if it is airtight around the filter. I reckon that with the standard air box, cold air is sucked from the front of the car, and not directed towards it.

If you have a look at where the cold air is taken from you will understand what I mean.

So, you will really need to encase the induction filter and channel the feeder pipe snuggly into it for it to be of any benifit.

IMHO ;)

Nick VR4
13-05-2003, 02:45 PM
something like this then ???

http://www.lancerregister.com/attachment.php?postid=182402

Petrolhead
13-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Damn!!, I just about had a trouser accident, that's sweeeeet.

Wrong car though, but same principle.