PDA

View Full Version : AA called my car "bent"

MGV6
20-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Just following from this thread

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25704

As it turned out, when AA breakdown service came round my house, the battery was virtually flat with a reading of 1.2 V. :(

He told me I needed a new battery which they don't supply so I went to Halfruads, they charge £115 for battery for our car. I then called up Mitsubishi, they charge £70.25 (Part number MZ690089). I brought Mitsubishi one. Brought it home, called AA and they came down and put it in. I then asked him about the problem with my headlights which some of you are aware.

He took out the fuses (both for left and right side lights ones) and guess what? With the left fuse taken out, the light still came on but the right one turned off (with engine running)

How on earth can my left light come on when a fuse is taken out?

He said the Galant is "bent" because its the first he heard of such incidence and he's being working for AA for almost 10 years.

Afterwards he said he couldnt diagnose the cause of the problem because he doesn't know what to do to rectify such problem (not sure if he would but anyway I told him about it to see what he says)

So is it really bent? I think he has a point :)

So as it stands AA couldn't solve my headlight problem, neither could Mitsubishi so it leaves us with WRD to test one day I hope. :)

Paul Beazer
20-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Well at least you've got the alarm sorted out.

I dont think your car is "bent", more likely that Mistsu and the AA dont want to spend time getting to the bottom of the headlight problems. Hardly helpful of the AA bloke to say it was bent.

MGV6
20-07-2007, 08:59 PM
One thing I have noticed now, the fuel gauge meter was very very low before the new battery was installed and after the new battery, the fuel gauge meter is now showing 1 bar higher?

Does theat mean all this time, I got incorrect readings for my fuel?

Johnny_Cashed
21-07-2007, 05:06 PM
He called your car bent? I would have slapped him /pan

ritch_w
21-07-2007, 06:13 PM
he has no right to call your car bent, ghey, dodgy, stolen or anything else unless he has proof toi back it up. I bet a HPI check would be clean.

djwarden
21-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I diddnt know HPI checks confirmed the sexual preferences of cars.... /pan

pitslayer
22-07-2007, 07:49 PM
you got the AA out to fit a battery?

MGV6
22-07-2007, 08:07 PM
you got the AA out to fit a battery?

Yeah. :)

I have never fitted or replaced one before so I didn't know plus I have breakdown service with them so I thought why not let them do it :) It looks quite straightforward now that I have seen it.

pitslayer
22-07-2007, 08:16 PM
lol, is your old battery a maintenance free battery? or does it have like screw of tops on top, of the battery? if it has screw tops take them off see if theres any fluid in the battery. it could of saved you a couple of quid