PDA

View Full Version : twntbo

tonyNZ
21-07-2007, 08:14 AM
hey i have a 93 vr4 i just got a second hand motor put in a month ago and its just started making a ticking sound some were at the back of the motor louder wen its cold, was just wonering if any one has had the same problem and could help me out or just giv me advise???

bradc
21-07-2007, 08:46 AM
search for tappets. It is a perfectly normal thing to happen and isn't really a problem at all. Just change your oil with good quality fully synth regularly and you will be fine.

tonyNZ
27-07-2007, 09:52 AM
hey im tony u replyed to my question bowt the noise at the back of the motor, the local mechanic wer i live and he said its the head or the inlet velve and its going to cost between 3500 and 5000 to fix,and you sound like you no what your talking about so what do u you think because i dont no wether to trust what he said or not

Nick Mann
27-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Many mitsubishi engines have sticky hydraulic lifters. Also called lash adjusters. Search this site or even google for them and then you will see what the issue is and be able to take a guess as to if that is your problem or not.

Good luck.

bradc
27-07-2007, 10:47 AM
where are you located in NZ? If you're close to another member they might be able to go and listen to your engine and see if it sounds like tappets.

Another option would be to take it to a mitsi dealer just to make sure.

Paul Beazer
27-07-2007, 12:33 PM
If its only a faint ticking then its probably the lash adjusters, any louder and it could be something more serious. Do a sash for lash adjuster tick on here and you should be able to get the info you need.

White Lightning
27-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Do a sash for lash adjuster tick on here and you should be able to get the info you need.

I think Paul meant "search" .... /pan

tonyNZ
28-07-2007, 03:04 AM
hey thanks guys yeh i mite take it into mitsi and see what they say,i live up near whangarai if itis a big problem im beter of getting a new motor a??. does any one know if you can get recond motors for a 1993 galant, or one with realy low ks??? in nz