PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here been affected by the floods?

MGV6
22-07-2007, 08:05 PM
If so, how have you been coping? and has your Galant been affected as well?

Fortunately, I haven't as yet (touch wood) but then again we don't really have floods here in London as such. We are protected by Thames barrier and additional floodgates and the drainage systems here are quite efficient.

Wodjno
22-07-2007, 08:08 PM
If so, how have you been coping? and has your Galant been affected as well?

Fortunately, I haven't but then again we don't really have floods here in London as such. We are protected by Thames barrier and additional floodgates and the drainage systems here are quite efficient.

Thought they had flooding down in Harrow the other day ?

And if the rain comes down fast enough ! Just about anywhere will flood :(

Spirit
22-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Just watching it on the news and can't believe it's happened again so bad, especially around Evesham and Tewkesbury.

Our thoughts are with anyone affected.

MGV6
22-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Thought they had flooding down in Harrow the other day ?

Harrow is in Middlesex.

It will hit London soon and some parts will be affected more then others.

I-S
22-07-2007, 08:19 PM
I spent friday night on the M5/M50 slip at strensham. Finally got to my parent's place at 6:40am on saturday morning.

I left today at 1:30pm... only one road in the area was open (they live near tewkesbury - normally drive through there to/from the motorway), but instead of going east the only road that was open lead west, and then I could go down south and join the m5 north at J11... normally I'd go M50 J1 to M5 J8. M5 north was slow between J10 and J8 because people were rubbernecking the floods.

I did drive through some floodwater on sat morning - I was going to try going through tewkesbury from J9, but couldn't (At that point it wasn't so badly flooded and I didn't know what the situation was). Car seems to have coped ok, although the brakes needed a little attention and handbrake seized slightly overnight.

pitslayer
22-07-2007, 08:21 PM
well i live next to the usk river, which is off the severn, and it floods all the time, im talking the 1 mile straight down the road which is about 15 foot higher than the river at normal tide and be up to 3 foot of water on the road, so the floods and rainfall recently....no wait we havnt had any rain, bit of drizzle here and there but thats about it, been lovely otherwise...all thuogh the wye has flooded which does sorta join up with monmouth and the usk, so you never know there might be a barrage fo water heading my way, and the river is pretty high already good job my old mans got a 4x4 now so i can go trucking through the water

lboots
22-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Left manchester 2.30 friday, avoided motorway m5 after radio report, came down a49 road was closed in front of me. went over mountain ended up in malvern stranded over night, saw the floods first hand very scarey, manged to find mountain road around upton on severn, got to tewksbury( shocked )got to m5 saturday 12.30 had to go to m4{ m50 shut} got home{ safely}3.45 saturbay afternoon . 2.45 min journey took 26hrs put it down to all in a dys work
feel for all the guys in the flood areas seen it first hand very scarey.

d i c k i e s
22-07-2007, 11:18 PM
people in NZ are having the same trouble... floods

Crickle
22-07-2007, 11:20 PM
When do they say all these floods are due to stop? Its very scary that everything and everyone is getting flooded out so much. It's supposed to be summer!!!!