PDA

View Full Version : greetz from wales

l5gnm
23-07-2007, 01:37 AM
hallo there
i'm chris, 31 and from south wales near the capitol. i've joined up cos i shall be swopping a nissan skyline r33 gts for a legnum vr4 tomorow ( not sure its a fair swop but with all the mods on the liner my insurance company laughed hysterically at my plea for insurance ) so i've been reading up on the legnum to see how mod-able they are , i love the looks on them but when i test drove the legnum i was quite dissapointed in how slow it was...maybe unfairly comparing it to the liner but still not really fast enough. looking forward to soaking up all the info you guys have to offer on making it faster :scholar:

peace

pitslayer
23-07-2007, 02:06 AM
join the club, get all the info you need its worth it. the galants/legnums dont hang about for what they are mind
making it faster theres loads of simple stuff to do
de cat
new exhaust
air filter
remap
fuel pump upgrade
turn the boost up a bit
drop the skyline motor in to lol

l5gnm
24-07-2007, 11:19 AM
done the swop yesterday :) noticed it had the clubvr4 url stickers on it - maybe it belonged to one of your members previously ?
loving the tiptronic on it - so much easier ( and lazier ) to drive than the skyline which had a triple plate clutch in it....
its had a few mods done already too :

full adjustable tein suspension
kakimoto exhaust system
hks turbo timer
front strut brace
17" evolution3 alloys
hks bov's
and a £7k engine rebuild !

Zaid
24-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Any pics?

Lillywotsername
24-07-2007, 02:03 PM
/Welcome....
Hope you have lots of fun with your new Leggie.

As it has CVR4 stickers on it, there is a good chance it was owned by a member. If you get a chance, put some pics up so we can have a lookie. :)

Spirit
24-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Congrats on the purchase mate, and looking forward to seeing some pix of the Numleg.......and maybe the Skyline too ?

Nick Mann
24-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Welcome! I can't say I remember anyone having a £7k engine rebuild? You could put forged internals in for that!

The exhaust is a good start. A bit of boost control will help, but if you want lots then look at fuelling too.

I hope it ends up pleasing you! It ain't quite the same as a skyline!

pitslayer
24-07-2007, 05:56 PM
/ttiwwop /ttiwwop lol:afro: :afro:

The Vee
24-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the club. Lots of info round here and a great bunch of peeps. Must add to the chant though.......................we want pics, we want pics..................!

l5gnm
25-07-2007, 03:10 AM
hehe its this car here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Classifieds/showproduct.php?product=164&sort=1&cat=10&page=1)

so plenty of pics and full spec already on this forum altho reading the addy i found out some things on it i didn't know ( 3k not 7k rebuild ) :D

shall post pics and specs of the skyline tomoroz :)

pitslayer
26-07-2007, 01:17 AM
hmmmm triggermauve..... do you realise how many kittens and puppys have died because of that colour /pan should of bought a silver one, it is the best colour evah, however a few dilluded people on here believe trigger mauve is

nice car thow, looks a good a buy

l5gnm
26-07-2007, 10:16 AM
here's the liner
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4530/4060579471a4737051583lug8.jpg

l5gnm
26-07-2007, 10:24 AM
specs of the liner:
full body kit ( jap origin but no clue what make )
carbon fibre rear light surrounds
fibreglass vented front bonnet
fully adjustable ohlins race suspension
cusco front and rear strut braces
custom straight thru exhaust ( no cats, just turbo to back box )
"GFB" adjustable bov
Apexi induction
Apexi fc
greddy profec 2 stage boost controller
walboro uprated fuel pump/rail/pressure regulator
lightened flywheel
splitfire coilpacks
uprated diff

uh , thats all i can remember at the mo....i know theres loads more tho

Nick VR4
26-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Congrats on the purchase looks a nice Legnum