PDA

View Full Version : AYC Error Codes

BraindG
23-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Using this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18757) thread as reference.

This weekend Codes Ade plugged his wee doodaa into car to read my ECU Codes, the following AYC errors appeared..

22 - FL wheel speed sensor system (open- or short-circuit)
26 - Faulty wheel speed sensor
41 - TPS system (open- or short-circuit)
82 - Electric pump system

82 i understand, but im slightly confused about 22, 26 and in particular 41.

First question, where's the wheel speed sensor (is it the ABS Sensor? which is current out of my car?)

Second Question, TPS, should this register 100% when you floor it? cos mine was only registering a grand total of 30% when in neutral and revved up to redline - what could be wrong with throttle sensor to cause this?

Ive looked through all the troubleshooting paths here (http://www.cannell2.co.uk/manuals/Mitsubishi_Workshop_Manuals/E4-5/wsm/G27.pdf) each pointing to replace AYC ECU - But then again, if the ABS is the Speed sensor I can account for 2 error codes.

Cheers.

bradc
23-07-2007, 09:36 AM
22+26 almost certainly have something to do with your car not having abs at the moment.

41 does sound a bit strange, maybe it is a sensor somewhere between the throttle and the rest of the car?

Nick Mann
23-07-2007, 09:45 AM
I am pretty sure that the ABS sensor is the speed sensor, and the signal is used for the ABS and the AYC.

Not sure about the TPS. Ade checked mine at the weekend and mine was showing 90% in the same conditions.

BraindG
23-07-2007, 10:14 AM
k, well that makes sense of the 22 and 26 codes if the ABS is also speed sensor - TPS is still confusing me... need to figure that one out, im wondering.. who else had a TPS test done? anyone else have 30%?

If so, do you have the MAF "mod" done? - one interesting conclusion from the weekend were two error codes regarding the speed/air/something sensor, I had the same codes and Tony, both of us have the MAF "Mod" done, others without it done didnt show these codes - i forget what they are now, but along the lines of air sensor...

so, this is making me wonder about 2 things...
1. Perhaps the 41 code is a by product of the MAF "Mod"?
2. Tony, does your car have a slight vibration under acceleration?

Davezj
23-07-2007, 01:25 PM
i will have a look at some runs i did with evoscan. and see if mine was registering 100% TPS because it should have been. then if you like you can bob round and try it on yours. there are some great bits of motorway just round the corner.
Offer is there if you need it Barry.

evoscan is great for the money, $25USD that £12.50ish and cable from ebay £15 including postage. but you do have to GND pin 1. Plus laptop if you don't have one.

Dave

ANTHONY
23-07-2007, 07:18 PM
k, well that makes sense of the 22 and 26 codes if the ABS is also speed sensor - TPS is still confusing me... need to figure that one out, im wondering.. who else had a TPS test done? anyone else have 30%?

If so, do you have the MAF "mod" done? - one interesting conclusion from the weekend were two error codes regarding the speed/air/something sensor, I had the same codes and Tony, both of us have the MAF "Mod" done, others without it done didnt show these codes - i forget what they are now, but along the lines of air sensor...

so, this is making me wonder about 2 things...
1. Perhaps the 41 code is a by product of the MAF "Mod"?
2. Tony, does your car have a slight vibration under acceleration?
the guy i got it from says it has a slight vibration over 70 but to be quite honest i did not feel it

stuartturbo
23-07-2007, 07:40 PM
22+26 is to do with your car not having abs at the moment. the speed signal is taken from an abs sensor prob only one sensor some car even now use this for the speedo

41 is probably located on the throttle body measuring the distance the butterfly opens/move
At idle it should be lower than 30% then rise to alot more