a bov
grounding kit
evo 4 intercooler (standard one) bargin buy :pimp2:
HKS Fuel cut defender
And a session to set it all up on the rollers

Should go well with my jap zorst and HKS filter :afro:

Nutter_John
23-07-2007, 06:00 PM
word of wanring the fuel cut is in there for a reason , I notice you have no form of fuel control and as such run the risk of going pop pop bang oh dear

I would personally advise you not to fit the FCD unless you have a fuel controller in there as yes you can set it up on the rollers perfect , with all afr's looking great , but get it on the road on a cold day and try the same run and all bets are off etc

Wodjno
23-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Totally agree with John in respect to the FCD.. /pan

Unless you can monitor AFR's and have the ability to control them to ...

miller
23-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Any chance on you casting an eye on the Legnum estate they have for sale whilst your up at Ebony and Ivory?

Cheers

Mike

ANTHONY
23-07-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd have a word with Panelman with regards to E&I

Nick Mann
23-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Another echoing of the warnig about the FCD here. I am pretty sure I know of one engine that leaned out without the owner realising due to a fuel cut defender. Make sure you can at the very least monitor the AFR before you get it on the car!

But it is properly exciting! Let us know how it all gets together and how much fun it is!

starky
23-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Cheers for the warnings about the FCD guys, I was only gonna fit one if I get fuel cut at 1 bar :)

I'll deffo be fitting a AFR guage if I do don't worry so much guys :iloveyou:

Still very exciting

Wodjno
23-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Cheers for the warnings about the FCD guys, I was only gonna fit one if I get fuel cut at 1 bar :)

All the more reason not to fit 1 :scholar:

BraindG
24-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Unlike others, ive been running at 1bar for donkeys, never once had fuel cut.

Gly
24-07-2007, 11:17 AM

I'll deffo be fitting a AFR guage if I do don't worry so much guys :iloveyou:

Still very exciting

dont fit it!! its there for a reason, to protect your motor.
you risk hitting 1bar the motor leans out, POP!!!

and the AFR guages are nothing but a light show, unless you have a wideband EGO sensor.....

if you do fit it... you need a fuel controller, apexi afc, map ecu, emanage etc.
with a wideband to moniter and adjust the fueling.

Wodjno
24-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Unlike others, ive been running at 1bar for donkeys, never once had fuel cut.

On this point !

How many Manual VR4 owners have had fuel cut ?

Nutter_John
24-07-2007, 03:37 PM
I get it quite a bit ,but have de-tuned slightly to stay clear od it , had it as low as 0.9 bar

Wodjno
24-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I get it quite a bit ,but have de-tuned slightly to stay clear od it , had it as low as 0.9 bar

Me thinks Barrys car may not be quite what he thinks it is :inquisiti

I reckon it's had somesort of tinkering before he purchased it :thinking:

Nutter_John
24-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Could have been tinkered before , but the inportant thing is that fuel cut is not all about the boost level , infact the ecu does not know what boost your running at it just use's a lookup table to calculate how much fuel goes in for a certain load index ( this is based on tps , rpm , temp , inlet temp , rate of change , air thru the maf etc ) . So if a car does not get fuel cut then it could be that they are flowing as much air as other cars ( for what ever reason)

But whatever the true cause of the fuel cut as everyone has backed me up on a FCD is not worth the gains for the extra couple of BHP as your engine will go pop eventually

starky
24-07-2007, 08:48 PM
OK OK Guys I won't fit one, god you lot go on sometimes /YMaster
Cheers for the words of warning guys....
:iloveyou:

Nutter_John
24-07-2007, 08:48 PM
you know it makes sense :D

Nick Mann
24-07-2007, 09:04 PM
OK OK Guys I won't fit one, god you lot go on sometimes

Heh! Who, us?

Personally, I think if a decent tuner sets it up on a rolling road with a good safety margin, you shouldn't have to worry too much.

Alternatively, you could choose not to fit it? /duh

Gowf
24-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I'd have a word with Panelman with regards to E&I

Totaly agree. I dont want to start any arguements, but after seeing what they had done to his car i was more than horrified.

I know that there is always going to be one unhappy customer, but their methods didnt seem sound at all.

With regards to FCD's i agree with what everyone has said. I was under the impression that fuel cut kicked in ( which is a bad thing in its self) if there was too much air for the maf to cope with, ie outwith the standard fuel table for that load at that rpm. When on the rollers, things can be done to limit this, but again as john has said, it is more prominant when on the road.
Getting rid of the MAF is a good way to go, not that that is a plug or anything.