PDA

View Full Version : Seriously gutted!

Si.
25-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Well the good old english summer has claimed another victim, that being the wheels on my VR4.

Was driving home from work (in the rain as usual) , probably not doing anything more than 30 MPH down a lane where a nicely disgised pot hole... no, Huge Hole under a big puddle claimed two of my wheels.

Didn't see the edge of the hole through the water until the very last second, but my avoidance didn't work... I'm actually quite gutted as they're worth so much money and i can't drive the car at the moment though a lack of wheels. :(

Nutter_John
25-07-2007, 12:42 PM
got any pics Si , think Colvr4 is sueing the council for the same sort of thing

on a side note if your after some 17" enkeis I know of some for sale

Nick VR4
25-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Oh bugger sorry to hear that

You could try compansation from the local council

Paul Beazer
25-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Lots of photographic evidence will help you case. Takes a bit of time but they should pay out eventually.

MarkSanne
25-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Sorry to hear that!

Don't know about the UK, but here in Holland these cases are almost always won by sueing the government/road owner. Hopefully it's the same there so you can get your new set of wheels!

Beastlee
25-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Can't agree with the comments more. This time last year I suffered with my front passenger wheel. Lots of pictures and a couple of letters later the council payed up enough for me to get a full set of second hand wheels and tyres. I actually have 2 spare sets at the moment.

Go for it, you can't make it any worse.

Si.
25-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Yup already thought about the council, gunna get some photos as soon as i can too.

John depends on how much the 17's are really, i need to get a set ASAP so i can drive the thing and get the wheels to anyone who will fix them (yet to be found).
I have luckyily found a set of Standard wheel for sale in southampton for a reasonable price, yet more than i would wish to spend ideally /pan

d i c k i e s
25-07-2007, 11:21 PM
unlucky bro.. we have a few of them here in NZ. and theyre not little pot holes.

bradc
26-07-2007, 09:17 AM
photos are the key, just make yourself a huge annoyance and get a lawyer to send a very nice letter. Make sure they price up new 19's for you so that you can get as much money as possible!

I think a few members on here may be able to sell you a set of wheels fairly cheaply, you should ask around.

colVR4
27-07-2007, 11:05 AM
I am currently trying to get some money out of Bedfordshire county council. The key is to take photographs of the hole, report it to the council so that they inspect it and leave white marks to show where repairs are going to be made, take more photos and then take photos of the hole once it is repaired.

This shows that they admit that the hole was in a state that needed repair. I got some good advice from a website that has been set up for people to claim for damages caused by potholes. I think it is called www.potholes.co.uk or something similar.

I have just had a letter back from a litigation company that work for Beds council saying that they are looking in to it and will get back to me with an answer within the next 6-8 weeks...so don't expect a payout any time soon!!!

Si.
29-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Cheers for the advice guys, will be pursuing this much further. In the mean time i have managed to pick up a set of standard wheels with good tyres for £150 which are immaculate!

so i can drive it, and have my fun.... my word 16's are so much better round the corners!!