PDA

View Full Version : warranty

richard_v6
25-07-2007, 10:46 PM
i cant find any links for warrenty i think it could be a good idea to put what company's people use in the buyers guide?

ANTHONY
25-07-2007, 11:21 PM
try here, http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/quote_page1.html?wd=1

Beastlee
26-07-2007, 12:18 PM
I followed a recent thread about Warranty Direct and it all looked promising at first. After getting a quote of £330 online I waited for them to get in touch about it. As someone on here had mentioned they will try to beat the original quote which they did with a very tempting £21 a month with no tie-ins. I asked the guy to send out the quote and policy documents so I could review them first.

After reading the policy documents and having a subsequent chat with the guy I found the policy next to useless for a VR-4. Firstly you must get it serviced as per the manufacturer's schedule at a VAT registered garage, well that takes my costs up considerably as it's a minimum £100 every 3 months just for the oil change. Then there's the no suspension or air-con cover which I consider useless combined with the non replacment of consumable parts not limited to brake pads, discs exhaust, belts etc even if failed as part of an insured part failing. Then the big point, your fluids such as ATF, engine oil, AYC oil etc are not covered if you are within 1000 miles of any service even if that fluid is not part of the next service. So you are left with a maximum 2000 miles worth of cover for things like ATF even if there was 16,000 miles till it needed doing again! Don't forget though that they only pay out 60% of the parts cost if the car is over 7 years old or has done more than 80,000 miles so can you afford that 40% hit on a failure irrespective of the cover?
I have decided that the cover is just not worth it even at £21 a month I could put that into a savings account and use it to pay for the majority of jobs if they occurred. At least that would include consumable items too!