PDA

View Full Version : Future Galant owner hopefully

UKDM323F
29-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi
Im thinking of changing my current 03 Mazda 323f in few months max, For a Galant 2.5 V6, looked at some galant on autotrader, some low mileage ones for around £4k? that quite cheap for a car that age & mileage, can that be right ?why is it so cheap to buy? there UK spec NA ones though.

I know this site is dedicated to VR4's but is there any common faults with UK galants you know of? A VR4 sadly would cost too much for me to run & service so a UK spec 2.5 V6 is good enough for me & is there anything out there regarding modifying them ? like intakes, handling & how easy (or hard) getting JDM parts ? i like making cars JDM style theme !lol

Feedback appreciated

Regards

Johnny_Cashed
29-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi there, V6 galant owner here, the cars don't seem to get anywhere like the money they should because they're a bit unknown really, I think they tried to be an executive car but with the mitsubishi badge never managed to pull it off, a bit like the phaeton.

Just to check, JDM= Japanese Domestic Market, as opposed to USDM? The galants we have in the UK are already JDM, if I'm not mistaken.

Nick VR4
29-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to the forum

Good luck

UKDM323F
29-07-2007, 06:34 PM
hi
i saw one here i might check out if it still for sale.dunno if thats good price or sounds bit dodgy i should steer clear ??
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?nU=0&make=MITSUBISHI&model=GALANT&min_pr=3000&max_pr=7000&postcode=SS6%207QR&miles=40&max_records=200&modelexact=1&photo=1&hassearched=Y&start=5&distance=21&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200730292045839

JDM, isgrey imports from japan like most vR4 is, but the UK ones sold officially are EDM (european domestic market) or more precise UKDM, if i buy one i want to make mine a JDM style with black or dark wheels, import size plates & window visors.......