PDA

View Full Version : Does this man sound strange......

MGV6
29-07-2007, 02:29 PM
My mate has been trying to sell his car recently, he got a call yesterday from someone interested, the guy was looking to come down from Luton to London yesterday afternoon. He comes 4 hours later (doesn't take not even 1 and a half hours to get here) , the guy said before he knows how to get here but called up 6 times asking for directions along his journey.

8pm last night, he claims his battery on his phone died so he didnt pick up his phone for 2 and half hours, phones up at 10:30pm says he went to tescos to get car charger from his battery and has arrived to his destination, here in London. Then claims he went back coz no one answered the phone. my mate didnt answer phone as he was asleep then.

What idiot comes at 10:30pm to see a car? :)

Phones this morning says he is on way again now.......

can this person be trusted? or just another tyre kicker?

The person is not English he said, sounds foreign.

Nick VR4
29-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Sounds a bit iffy

Seems to be trying to get your mate thinking he's selling the car and then lets him down making petty excuses

Be careful

MGV6
29-07-2007, 04:44 PM
a few people I know who tried to sell their Galant have had nothing but tyre kickers and think its made for rallying. Don't know why many people think this is a sports car.

Kieran
29-07-2007, 07:52 PM
....think its made for rallying. Don't know why many people think this is a sport car.

This may explain it Gurj....

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corporate/museum/motorsports/e/90s/galant_vr4.htm

Paul Beazer
29-07-2007, 08:05 PM
If your mate wants to meet this bod, make sure you meet them well away from where he lives and make sure theres someone with him. Also DONT let them take the car for a test drive alone EVER (even if they do leave their farrari / EVO / Metro / Wallet as security).
Sorry if im telling you to suck eggs, but you cant trust anyone these days!
BE CAREFUL!

MGV6
29-07-2007, 08:20 PM
This may explain it Gurj....

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corporate/museum/motorsports/e/90s/galant_vr4.htm

yeh thats interesting coz even the VR-4 its technically not a rally/sports car though is it? I thought it was just a family (executive) saloon car ?