PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Cyprus!

cyprusjane
29-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I just joined today, i have a galant (2000 model). I live in North Cyprus and the car was imported from japan in 2002, unfortunatly the manual is all in Japanese!
I want to put some transmission fluid in, but being a girly have no idea where it goes!
Last resort will have to be taking it to a garage but they all speak turkish!

Please help a damsel in distress!

Alex
29-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi, and welcome to the club. I'm a 'girly' too, so I leave all that car stuff to my hubby. I'm sure he, or one of the other guys, will advise you on your question. But in the meantime I would recommend you use the search feature. There are lots of articles and information that may help you.

Hope you are happy with the car :)

Kieran
29-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Hello and welcome! /Welcome

Yes, as Alex says I do the 'oily' stuff!

I assume your car is an Automatic? If so, then you fill it via the Gearbox dipstick tube. You can find this to the right of the air intake scoop - it sits between the scoop and the battery and normally has a white handle.:scholar:

Oh, I don't know how 'mechanical' you are, so apologies If I sound patronising, but don't mistake it with the dipstick that's on the left of the engine bay near the coolant and power steeting reservoirs - that's the one for the engine oil.:happy:

Louis
29-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi, I was in Paphos last week!, there was a guy from Nicosia on here a while back, I tried to contact him before I went to see if he wanted any bits brought over, but I got no reply, cheers and welcome.

valleyforge1
29-07-2007, 10:02 PM
/Welcome2

cyprusjane
30-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys!
My husband would say I was only dipstick in the car!
Yes it is automatic sorry I should of said!
I've not been driving very long and the galant is my first car!
So I'm sure as I go along I'll have more questions for you all!

Thanks again!

cyprusjane
30-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi Louis!
Did you enjoy paphos? Hope it was hot enough for you, it's been in the low 40's for most of July! I actually live in the North part of the island, lived here for 4 years originally from Kent.

Nick VR4
30-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum

Was in Paphos last year in August and temperature was in the 40's way to hot
Say a few Galants and Evos about there

Wodjno
30-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi and /Welcome2

Quick question before you fill up the Gearbox ?

How do you know you need and Transmission fluid ?

Did you check on the dipstick ? And if so ! Did you check it while the engine was running and the oil was hot ....

Lillywotsername
30-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi, and welcome to the club. I'm a 'girly' too, so I leave all that car stuff to my hubby.
Hope you are happy with the car :)
Alex... I can't believe you admit to that.../pan /pan /pan
I am a girly and I know where and how to top up the ATF:scholar: :scholar: :scholar:

Only kidding.... /Welcome Jane. Great to see a new lady on board.
I think the boys have answered your questions, all I would add, as Wodj pointed out, make sure you are filling and measuring your ATF levels correctly before you put any in. Any other questions feel free to shout but the search button is always a good place to start. You will find that most of your questions have already been answered on here.

Louis
30-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi Louis!
Did you enjoy paphos? Hope it was hot enough for you, it's been in the low 40's for most of July! I actually live in the North part of the island, lived here for 4 years originally from Kent.

Hi, I had a great time, it was in the 40's, and I went from blue to red in a day (blue is the natural colouring for people from Scotland). I did notice they had hi octane petrol, 98 ron, which they didn't have last time I was here. I got up to Polis and Latchi, but was warned by car hire company not to take it into the north!, anyhoo. welcome, I will drop you a line if I am coming back over if you need any bits bringing, I wouldn't mind staying there (note I didn't say working!), cheers Louis

n13l pm
30-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 .

I dont know about north cyprus but I know about the rest of cyprus, and its dominated with mitsubishi's, loads of them everwhere. I think as much as 40% of cars there are mitsubishis (mainly L200s, pajeros, lancers and galants) Iv seen a lot of modified ones as well, I think thats where I fell in love with the galant. Next time I go il print some clubvr4.com cards and make a few contacts(My parents have a place in Larnaca, so im always traveling there).

Alex
30-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Alex... I can't believe you admit to that.../pan /pan /pan

Why have a dog and bark yourself?

Kieran
30-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Why have a dog and bark yourself?

Keep taking like that and this particular 'Dog' will start chewing your furniture and pooing on your carpets!!! :veryangry

richy rich
30-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Keep taking like that and this particular 'Dog' will start chewing your furniture and pooing on your carpets!!! :veryangry
I think you will get a kick, like all dogs that do that type of thing.

Alex
30-07-2007, 10:00 PM
I should be careful K - I really don't need much excuse!

cyprusjane
31-07-2007, 04:13 PM
OK, hubbie checked atf fluid and it was OK.
The other day a couple of times the car wouldn't go into reverse.
The first time was when the engine was hot, but the second time I had only just started 'Mitsy' up! (I call it mitsy! my hubbie has 'Bobby' the Beemer!)
So any ideas?

Yes there are loads of mitsubishi's in Cyprus, all the builders have L200 pick ups, or warriors! all the estate agents have Pajero's!
But if they are really rich they have Range Rover Sports and Hummers!