PDA

View Full Version : underside of car pics

Paul C
29-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Hi does anyone have pictures of the under side of there vr4 engine bay. I am interested in how much room i have around the turbo area. I have decided to have 2 seperate airfilters feeding the turbo's. the filters i hope could be positioned behind the left hand side fog light area.

Nutter_John
29-07-2007, 08:10 PM
don't do it unless you want to burn your motor out , first puddle you go through it will suck water into the engine and it will die

build a cold air box where the battery is

richy rich
29-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi does anyone have pictures of the under side of there vr4 engine bay. I am interested in how much room i have around the turbo area. I have decided to have 2 seperate airfilters feeding the turbo's. the filters i hope could be positioned behind the left hand side fog light area.
I wouldn't put your air filters there if you go though a high puddle bang goes 1 engine.

Nutter_John
29-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Too slow Rich :p

richy rich
29-07-2007, 08:14 PM
comp is to slow/Grrr

Paul C
29-07-2007, 08:14 PM
advice taken on board,i have thought about the cold air box idea.would having an air vent behind the fog light in the wheel arch be worth while.so that it directs air ino the cold air box. just something i have thought about before.

richy rich
29-07-2007, 08:16 PM
advice taken on board,i have thought about the cold air box idea.would having an air vent behind the fog light in the wheel arch be worth while.so that it directs air ino the cold air box. just something i have thought about before.
Yes but still be carefull though water.

Paul C
29-07-2007, 08:31 PM
i'm thick as pig sh*t i ment next to indicator/head light to feed cold air into air box. I would probaby use a coarse foam/sponge material to allow air through but catch water

richy rich
29-07-2007, 08:41 PM
i'm thick as pig sh*t i ment next to indicator/head light to feed cold air into air box. I would probaby use a coarse foam/sponge material to allow air through but catch water
yep that is fine

Paul C
29-07-2007, 08:57 PM
i think i will try to go with seperate filters but will have to rethink ther final location.

richy rich
29-07-2007, 09:00 PM
i think i will try to go with seperate filters but will have to rethink ther final location.
The best way of doing this is relocating battery into boot and have the filters in a sealed (from engine air not external) box were the battery was.

bradc
29-07-2007, 09:27 PM
check out my engine bay for a pic of that sort of setup.

Paul C
29-07-2007, 09:48 PM
looks good mate.i'm looking to do my down pipes like yours.do you get good airflow to you air box.