PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of heights?

I-S
29-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Apparently my galant is!

psbarham
30-07-2007, 06:40 AM
lowered it ? or did it fall off the jack ??

I-S
30-07-2007, 08:41 AM
It's a story involving repeated attempts to get it on wheel ramps...

First time got up almost to the top... went for the brake pedal and..... hadn't pumped it after changing discs/pads. Pedal to floor and off it rolls... Handbrake on - handbrake and new discs... off it rolls.

So, try again... chocks at the ready, brakes primed... up almost to the top. Stop, handbrake, chocks, leave it in first. BANG! The car drops to the floor as the wheel ramps are ejected forwards. Once hearts stopped trying to escape through chest walls, we decided not to carry on with that for that day.

Managed it on the sunday with some care...

bradc
30-07-2007, 08:45 AM
If Isaac's car is male, I doubt he would have many problems with that Paul

(I apologise Isaac, it is meant in good spirits)

Couldn't you have told Kieran to stop the ramps from sliding forwards with his feet? Just make sure your insurance covers prosthetic limbs, and Alex is aware and in agreement with it :)

Kieran
30-07-2007, 08:48 AM
It was a bit of a :speechles /JawDroppi :toilet: moment, it has to be said! We now know that when Isaac's new Galant decides it doesn't want to go in the air, there's no point in trying to make it!:speechles

Paul Beazer
30-07-2007, 12:10 PM
I take it there was no damage? Must have been a major PARP! moment.

I-S
30-07-2007, 12:46 PM
There was no damage... the ramps just slid out fast from under the wheels, they went forward and the car slid down the slope of the ramps.

stuartturbo
30-07-2007, 06:30 PM
a length of carpet helps to get them on ramps
obviously never done my vr4 ( struggle with the spare tyre jack /lol
but it work on other cars

Kieran
30-07-2007, 07:43 PM
There was no damage... the ramps just slid out fast from under the wheels, they went forward and the car slid down the slope of the ramps.

Shortly followed by the pair of us cramming our eyes back in their sockets!:speechles

Paul Beazer
30-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Shortly followed by the pair of us cramming our eyes back in their sockets!:speechles
And changing undercrackers?