PDA

View Full Version : What seats have you got?

ReggieK
29-12-2003, 03:26 PM
I love my car to bits but despair over the drivers seat. It is dreadful. It must verge almost on criminal for a car of this power. I was wondering what seats you guys have and what functions they have on them.

I have a full tan leather interior, which is nice enough, but the drivers seat not only has no side bolsters to hold you in place, but also no lumbar support.

The bolsters I could probably live without but the lack of lumbar support can be a little painful. As a cheap options I am looking into buying a lumbar cushion of some sort.

However I was wondering if any of you guys actually had proper leather seats with all the functions. Did it come with the car or did you source them separately? When I spoke to Mitsi about it they said they buy them in with recaros and then have them trimmed in leather - which sounds expensive.

In a VR4 forum I know but I'm sure you standard Galant peeps get leather too. So please chip in, all advice gratefully recieved... :D

Nick VR4
29-12-2003, 04:13 PM
I have leather too up down forward and back no lumber support and not too much support in the kidney area, yes cold in the winter for a while and damm hot in the summer
But I like them :)
I know some peeps here have recaros
I guess it really depends on the individual comfort zone
I hate sitting on something that feels like a wooden bench especially on long trips
So I'm quite happy with mine :)

enigma
29-12-2003, 05:32 PM
My leather grips me just fine, but I am a fat arse so maybe that is why!!! ;)

Spirit
29-12-2003, 06:35 PM
I have the non-leather seats, and the same lack of functions you guys have. I know for sure Barry has some Recaro's and they cost him £700 from a scrap yard INSERT INTO post VALUES (fronts only if I recall) - so be prepared for some hefty money if you wanna change.

Spirit
29-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Here's a pic of T4Primera's recaros http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=481&stc=1

Roadrunner
29-12-2003, 08:00 PM
My car INSERT INTO post VALUES (late '98 post-facelift) has the optional Sports Pack including these Recaros which are extremely comfortable, even after l-o-n-g journeys, and keep me in place during spirited driving. All manual adjustment for fore and aft, lumbar support, seat-back recline and thigh support ...

Spirit
29-12-2003, 08:08 PM
There are a couple of sets for sale in this months Jap Performance Mag - one for £600 and one for £700 - in the private advertisers section at the back

zedy1
30-12-2003, 12:24 AM
barry got the front and rrear for 700 quid

-LegnumVR4-
30-12-2003, 06:30 AM
I have seen some FTO front seats in a Legnum, not sure if u just switch the rails over or not. They kind of like a custom recaro. Anyone got a friend they could borrow a seat from their FTO and try it in Galant/Legnum?? Iwas going to get them releathered to suit my interior.

ReggieK
30-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Seems that choice is a little limited. Leather as I have it or cloth Recaros. Do you reckon it would be possible to get some Lumbar support retro fitted to my seat? Or even a retrim to include a bolster?

Must get hold of a copy of that Jap Mag then, wasn't in shop last night.

Spirit
30-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Probably sold out Reggie - it came out three weeks ago - keep an eye out for January's as it also has Mo's and Simon's VR4's in it !

zedy1
30-12-2003, 10:25 PM
nearly forgot that, thanks pete

OSiRiS
14-10-2005, 01:14 AM
First pic original -note the red carpet Super VR4 only!

Second pic retrimmed white vinyl Recaro SR-2's. Sold the SR-2's to ShadyNZer so back to original interior, not that I mind at all :)