PDA

View Full Version : ABS ring come off

fasgen
30-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Just arrived from 1500 miles journey with my mitsi but on a half way did notice jingle bell coming from driver front wheel, stopped at nearest parking, took off the wheel and ..... ABS ring just come off from hub and just hanging on a driveshaft sounding as a jingle bells!
Any ideas how to fix it back?
Do i need to disassembly the hub?

Paul Beazer
30-07-2007, 12:09 PM
If its not broken and all the teeth are intact (if they're not then you need a new one otherwise you'll get the ECU thinking there is an ABS problem) then it can be pressed on. I suspect it has cracked and worked loose. Is the ring completely intact as you may be able to get it pressed back on. I wouldnt suggest hammering it on as i think they are quite brittle?

richy rich
30-07-2007, 01:29 PM
The ring is on the drive shaft.

So remove the wheal and if the ring is still in good condition clean the drive shaft and the ring as best you can then you should be abale to use a couple of pry bars and you should be able to lever it back on and use some loctite.

This will only be a short term fix.

fasgen
30-07-2007, 03:38 PM
The ring is on the drive shaft.

So remove the wheal and if the ring is still in good condition clean the drive shaft and the ring as best you can then you should be abale to use a couple of pry bars and you should be able to lever it back on and use some loctite.

This will only be a short term fix.

So, in simple words i will need to replace hub anyway in a future?

richy rich
30-07-2007, 05:08 PM
So, in simple words i will need to replace hub anyway in a future?
not nub, drive shaft