PDA

View Full Version : Vibration 4th + 5th

Nigelator
01-08-2007, 03:07 AM
Hello, well this is my 1st post I think.
I had a Legnum VR4 3 yrs ago. then got married.
But I now have a nice one again. And wish to Join the Club.

Anyway my question regards my cars tranny.
its a 1998 VR4 Auto. done 27'000Km.
I have had it 2 weeks and has this small fault that has me worried which I did not feel when I took it for a test drive before brought it.

On 4th and 5th it sometimes give a sudder, not oftern but you could put it down to a 20 minute base.

It will do it about after 20 secounds after changing into the gear.

I am wondering if it is the Lock up of the T.C. The Oil looks great. good level too.

there is no vibration from the wheels that i have felt.

Any help that some one can give me would be great.
If there is someone in Auckland NZ that is might know a few of there issues.
I would love to show them.
Sorry I missed your Drive on Last Saturday, Wife said Painting the garge was more important. As we are selling our house. (She can have te pants, just this once)

Nige.

KiwiTT
01-08-2007, 03:29 AM
Is you car under warranty ?

If so, take it to a Mitsi dealer and get it sorted.

Also, if it is only 2 weeks since the sale you should be able to take it back to the car-dealer and get it sorted.

Don't let the problem linger as it can get very expensive.

bradc
01-08-2007, 03:59 AM
take it back to the car dealer and tell them you need to have a full flush done of the auto trans fluid with this stuff http://www.jdmlubricants.co.nz/synthetic-universal-automatic-transmission-fluid-xidp114358.html

It will take about 10-14 litres to do it properly.

Kieran
01-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Yes, sounds like the dreaded 'Shudder' fault. If caught early it can be dealt with and your transmission will be okay. Leave it and it'll eventually bugger the clutch packs in the box.

Make sure the correct specification fluid is used too - Not Dexron.

Nigelator
01-08-2007, 10:43 AM
can you please tell me more about this dreaded shudder fault please.

I have been reading though the posts and it seems you guys like Amsoil ATF. Cool.

What is the best way to fix the issue?
Maybe i should have brought a car from a dealer. Bugger.

Nigelator
01-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Kieran, thank you, I final found ur post helping andyman110, which linked me toa fault that you had. I will be trying to follow though with what you have done thanks!

Nick Mann
01-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Kieran, thank you, I final found ur post helping andyman110, which linked me toa fault that you had. I will be trying to follow though with what you have done thanks!

Sounds like you have found the right path! Hope it works for you.