PDA

View Full Version : Little brother wrote off his car(pics), he's ok though

Rosco_NZ
01-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Hey ,
not alot of us like scoobies so here is some pics of what my little bro did to his on sunday night.

Was traveling back to Dunedin (from Invercargill), it was pissing with rain. reckons he wasn't speeding (and i believe him coz he usually slows to within 10kph of the recommended speed and it normally annoys me...) says his inside rear tyre just hit the paint strip and he skidded out, couldn't get it back, went off the road and rolled it through a fence.

thank Fk he + his passenger were not seriously injured... could of been a lot worse. just a sore back, and pride. lesson learned.

anyway heres the mangled scoobie...

they cut the roof open and door off so it looks a bit worse than it did on site apparently

BraindG
01-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Glad to hear your brothers ok!.. like you say could have been much worse..

Wouter
01-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Ouch!!

I'm glad they were unhurt!

adam (richy rich junior)
01-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Im glad your brother is ok and i'm sort of glad that, it one less scooby of the road (i just don't like scoobys).

Kieran
01-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Ouch!!

I'm glad they were unhurt!

That twice!:speechles

Nick VR4
01-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Ohhhhh glad everyone was ok

Paul Beazer
01-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Just out of interest (Glad all ok BTW) did his scooby have one of those variable drive splitter things? (changes the traction balance between the front and rear wheels)

A Mate of mine had a P1 STi and he hit a deep puddle on the M3 and spun it out, prob because the drive was mostly to the back! Very nearly wrote it off less than a month after getting it!

Rosco_NZ
01-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Nah no fancy variable drive splitters or gadgets on that car to my knowledge, just a pretty mild 97 Impreza HX (1.8L) guess its a bit hard to tell what model it was lol

its not really obvious from the pics but he tells me when he left the road he was pretty much pointing at the fence (rear had initially let go, he turned into the slid and tryed to power out, overcorrected, couldn't pull it back and ended up braking which is the where it all went wrong). but sliding almost sideways down the road.
rolled onto the passenger door first, then rolled 2.5 -3.5times (he doesn't know).

this pic is a bit better, see more where he left the road...
can see the drink bottle and tyre make(front left tyre sliding sideways...)

ended up halfway between the puddle and the mailbox you can see in the first photo.

westy
01-08-2007, 06:49 PM
just wondered what was wrong with the white legnum next to scooby in the pics

Alex
01-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Does look like it could have been a lot worse - glad they are both ok.

Kenneth
01-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Glad your brother is ok. Looks like it could have been a lot worse, seems he did well to keep in on the road as long as possible.

Rosco_NZ
02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
just wondered what was wrong with the white legnum next to scooby in the pics

not alot was wrong with it apparently, front end was a bit messed up, but only looked cosmetic.. though it was at the tow yard so who knows.

Beastlee
02-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Looking at the pics it's trashed all down the passenger side too.