I dropped it off with them on Monday morning to have the following fitted:

Blitz Duel-SBC Spec s boost controller
Blitz super sound bov
evo 6 intercooler (standard one) bargin buy
Decat pipe
Rolling road session

They have also fitted my Blitz exhaust and HKS reload filter two weeks previous
and I fitted a grounding kit :afro:

Well I got it back today and oh my god its so much quicker its holding 1 bar of boost (and not a hint of fuel cut:P )
They set it up and did a power run at PowerDyne, S****horpe and the printout shows
Max power 304.9bhp @ 5691RPM
Max Torque 350.9lbft @ 3062RPM
Great results :pimp2:

So a big thankyou to Nick at Ebony&Ivory /thankyou

bradc
01-08-2007, 11:58 PM
For the modern people that is

227kw at 5691rpm (stock 206kw @ 5500rpm)
475nm at 3062rpm (stock 362nm @ 4000rpm)

Which is awesome and illustrates again that high end power is hard to come by, but low end torque is easy to get :D

ianturbo
02-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Got my car back from Ebony&Ivory today :pimp2:
I dropped it off with them on Monday morning to have the following fitted:

Blitz Duel-SBC Spec s boost controller
Blitz super sound bov
evo 6 intercooler (standard one) bargin buy
Decat pipe
Rolling road session

They have also fitted my Blitz exhaust and HKS reload filter two weeks previous
and I fitted a grounding kit :afro:

Well I got it back today and oh my god its so much quicker its holding 1 bar of boost (and not a hint of fuel cut:P )
They set it up and did a power run at PowerDyne, S****horpe and the printout shows
Max power 304.9bhp @ 5691RPM
Max Torque 350.9lbft @ 3062RPM
Great results :pimp2:

So a big thankyou to Nick at Ebony&Ivory /thankyou
i'm glad someone is still doing feet and inches , 304 bhp that sounds better than kpxzq thing that they come up with now , good on ya !!!
ian

Kieran
02-08-2007, 12:39 AM
For the modern people that.....

For those of you without Ceefax NZ subtitles, this means "For those Pillocks who have abandonded the True British Empire way of measuring things...."

EdmundVR4
02-08-2007, 01:54 AM
Starky, are those power & torque results, ATW or Flywheel ?
Also, is it holding 1 bar to redline ?

Paul C
02-08-2007, 07:33 AM
kilo watts should be banned break horsepower is the true measurement of power. A Kettle is measured in Kw a Car is measured in Bhp.

Gly
02-08-2007, 07:48 AM
AND! all figures should be ATW!!,
none of this at the fly BS!!

bradc
02-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Carsten is right. It would be nice to know how much power you made at the wheels.

MarkSanne
02-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Can't say that I agree on the 'nostalgia' for inches and feet but I certainly do for bhp! bhp figures rule for cars.

No one brags about their enginepower like "my car has blabla kw" as most people wouldn't have a clue if it's any good or that you're talking about a Prius. Talk about ya 'horses' and they all know that you're good for some serious competition (that is: if you got a VR4 ofcourse).

ako
02-08-2007, 10:04 PM
What did it make at the wheels?

I can make a mini have 300hp @ the fly if I put the right (or wrong) adjustment into the dyno ;)

Especially when you get an operator who says "oh you must have about..... 40% drivetrain loss or so... carry the 5.... you have heeeeeaps of power now!"

starky
03-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Not sure of the ATW fig tbh guys, I am gonna get it run on Thor's Dyno pack Chassis Dynamometer soon to get some ATW figs :pimp2:

Here is a copy of the results from PowerDyne in Scunny

uploaded/50571/1186168543.jpg

Oh and BHP is the ONLY measurements for cars. :afro:

bradc
04-08-2007, 12:01 AM
wcf must mean without correction factor, in other words the figures were smudged!

starky
04-08-2007, 12:18 AM
WCF = Weather Correction Factor, its on the Mustang dyno site here Mustang Dyne (http://www.mustangdyne.com/performancetuning.htm)

Mustang Dynamometers are unique. All Mustang Dynamometers are loading dynamometers designed to duplicate real world operating conditions. Our patented control system uses eddy current power absorbers to load a vehicle exactly the way it would be loaded on the street -- including wind resistance, which is a significant factor in high-speed testing. Mustang dynos also feature a load cell to measure the power being applied to the rolls. Without going into a lot of theory, a Mustang dyno gives you a real world tune, every time.

Thats from the site :happy:

What I do know is that the car is loads quicker than before, it gets on boost quicker, it pulls harder through the gears, it holds boost better....... the seat of my pants test tells me that :)

mpau009
04-08-2007, 12:53 AM
No one brags about their enginepower like "my car has blabla kw" as most people wouldn't have a clue if it's any good or that you're talking about a Prius. Talk about ya 'horses' and they all know that you're good for some serious competition (that is: if you got a VR4 ofcourse).

I do!:afro:

but then i convert it for old people:D

bradc
04-08-2007, 12:58 AM
did they happen to give you figures before they did the work?

starky
04-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Nope. it was only to make sure every thing was ok and it was fueling correctly really, the power results were done as a matter of course because they were setting it up on the r/r.
As I said it`s deffo a lot quicker now than it was standard!