PDA

View Full Version : holiday

pitslayer
03-08-2007, 01:42 PM
right my birthday is coming up soon(will put up my address, for all presents and moneys to be sent when it gets closer)
its in november, i decided i want to go on holiday for it, everyones welcome as long as they make there own way there. so ive got a few ideas, originally wanted to go to LA, but i think that willbe nextyear
so the choices i have come up with 7 nights in
barbados
tobago
cuba

not sure which to pick, i love cuba, orsum cars, never been would like to go....good cigars.
barbados seems really beautifull, but a bit more expensive
tobago, seems the cheapest option....
but im unsure, on where to go.
its got to be hot, it musnt be in europe, sorry but places like, greece, spain, portugal etc just seem cheap and touristy, i dont like places that are going to be full of british people.
but the caribean sounds so awesome.....not jamaica thow. any other ideas

SGHOM
03-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Cape town.... the mother city. :afro:
the most beautiful city in the world... nuff said. :happy:

Brunty
03-08-2007, 03:32 PM

It's a good suggestion but - 'the most beautiful city in the world' ??? Granted the scenery has to be seen to be believed but I think Vancouver is a much more beautiful city.

How about Vancouver - get's pretty warm, clean beaches, no language issues, not many Brits as it's not ski season, great scenery, and nearby towns like Whistler are as busy during the summer as they are in the winter - great BBQs down by the lake!

North Africa - Tunisia/Morrocco
Israel
Dubai
Mexico
Bahamas
Brazil

SGHOM
03-08-2007, 03:38 PM
How about Vancouver - get's pretty warm,
He's on about going in nov ! /pan not much of a heatwave me finks :thinking:

Brunty
03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
He's on about going in nov ! /pan not much of a heatwave me finks :thinking:

Oops missed that bit - Global warming will have to get it's act together then!

:speechles

pitslayer
03-08-2007, 03:55 PM
look towards caribean really....
south america like brazil isnt my thing, dont like bugs lol
mexico is good, had an exmate go there, but your very likely to get mugged apparently
dubai, i would love to go to, but if im going to dubai im going the burj alarb or however its spelt. but i cant afford that at the moment
narrowing it down to tobago and cuba now, id love to sit on a beach pair of shorts, sunglasses, massive straw hat, a mohita and a cohiba, in cuba....pimping it up

Wouter
03-08-2007, 06:04 PM

OMG!! This may be the first time old greyhead is totally correct!! /GJ /GJ /bestpostever

Alex
03-08-2007, 06:12 PM
My personal opinion is that barbados is great if you just want a relaxing beach holiday, but otherwise you are going to run out of things to do. You are right though, it is beautiful. If I was going to stick to one of the islands of the Caribbean, I would go for one of the larger islands, or one of the US owned ones such as St Thomas where there is more to do.

Have you thought about the dominican republic? I don't think much beats it for all inclusive values at a resonable price. You probably wouldn't want to spend much time outside the resort, but you usually find that the hotels have a really good range of water sports.

Or, if you want something a bit more cultured, what about Prague? Reasonally priced, beautiful architecture, and loads to do. Not really a relaxing holiday though.

I guess it really depends what sort of holiday you want.

Brunty
03-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Bored in Barbados? No chance! They've got a submarine....for tourists!

Nick Mann
03-08-2007, 10:02 PM
November????? Soon????? But we haven't had summer yet? :(

Paul C
03-08-2007, 10:08 PM
go on a caribbean cruise well worth it.

SGHOM
03-08-2007, 10:11 PM
go on a caribbean cruise well worth it.
too touristy....... as are most holidays /Grrr

pitslayer
04-08-2007, 02:42 AM
cruises are great, but id go bored....dont get me wrong i love everything water related(runs in my blood...not water that would probably be bad), so many hours on the same boat, i would probably get kicked off it for causing mischief, hehehe

i have to go out and do something i couldnt lay on a beach all day everyday, stuff to do, sights to see...

im looking for a holiday, where i can lay on the beach, go in the water, diving. then go out into town, take some sights in, get some munch, get lashed have a good time....which is why im thinking tobago or cuba, and i want a nice peacfull holiday, not with the rowdy british...and its got to be hot...
barbados tho is so beautifull.

alex....watersports you say/Devil5 /Devil5 /Devil5 /Devil5

i was stood out side the pub earlier having a ciggie, and all i could think of was
:sombrero: + :sunny: + :chugchug: :smoking: = :-ished: /GJ

how long are the flights.....this is the important thing, how many packs of niquitine gum and patches am i gunna need?

Alex
04-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Bored in Barbados? No chance! They've got a submarine....for tourists!

Ok - well I can only speak as I find.