PDA

View Full Version : Help in buying a Legnum

miller
03-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi peeps,

As some of you may know im in the market for a Legnum VR4. Im yet undecided between manual or auto, never had an auto before so im swaying that way. Want all the usuals on it like sunroof and would like leather but can be persuaded with cloth if its a good car. oh and roof bars too!

There are a number on eBay but the price differs dramatically from car to car. Am tempted to a blue on at Keighly but these guys havent a good rep, spoke to them today about one, major question being the cambelt....their answer if its gone over the stated miles then its been done....i ask any paperwork and their reply is its all in Japanese......

Cars 6 and 7 have drawn me in

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=&hassearched=Y&make=MITSUBISHI&min_pr=75&source=0&model=LEGNUM&max_pr=4000&miles=100&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=ng4+4hy&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=54&ukcarsearch_full.y=16

Car buying can be quite stressfull. Is it too much to ask for a decent motor

rant over.

Next question, is there anyone nearby me in Notts who would kindly show off their motors and guide me in correct direction.

Next question, are there any members near Keighly who would look one over for me for a few beer tokens?

Cheers

Mike

Kieran
03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Whereabouts in Notts are you?

miller
03-08-2007, 03:33 PM
In the Gedling area, near the Grey Goose pub

Cheers

Mike

SGHOM
03-08-2007, 03:35 PM
you can buy mine if you want !! /rally /rally
It's a biatch of a car, & has had some serious abuse & some serious amounts of money spent on it.
not an everyday car.... but more a proper track car. :afro:

I talked Jimbo in to taking it on track at mallory. when he got back to the pits, he said " how much? " :happy: " I so want to buy your car... it's awesome" :happy:

Brunty
03-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Personally I wouldn't get too hung up the leather - I found it rather disappointing to live with and isn't of the same quality as that on cars intended for the UK market.

You're right to be wary about the cambelt expensive job should it be required, repair costs don't bear thinking about should it fail.

Don't kid yourself that VR4s can can be run on a tight budget (Group 20, <20mpg, lack of support), paying for a good car now (with history) has got to be a better bet than taking a punt on a cheap one.

Good luck with your search - don't rush it!

miller
03-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Coming from a GTO i know all about high insurance groups, 20mpg and less!!!! Thats why im trying to be mega mega mega carefull. Thanks to all for info. Good to know that about the leather.

Track car may not be a good idea for me, i would get hooked again on trackdays and end up with a second car again.

Mike