PDA

View Full Version : Car damaged

ritch_w
30-12-2003, 05:46 PM
the wife has just came back from shopping with my v6 now damaged

some how she has managed to dent the rear passenger door, wheel arch and side skirt negotiating a trolly area at asda

im fcukin raging - but cant shout at her :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Kieran
30-12-2003, 05:50 PM
Oh man, that's bad news.:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( At least you are now in credit with brownie points!:)

SGHOM
30-12-2003, 05:51 PM
thats bad news M8 !! if you cant shout at your wife, go and kick s**T out of the shopping trolley !! :p
ps; is the damage bad ?? post a pic.

ritch_w
30-12-2003, 05:57 PM
damage is bad - i'll try and get to a garage tommorrow

the door is stoved in underneath the rub strip and the lower rear arch is mangled

Spirit
30-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Ritch

So sad to hear the news mate - hope it isn't as bad as you think. What did she hit ?

Nick VR4
30-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Ouch sorry to here this
Some of these trolley areas are a nightmare as you cant see them

zedy1
30-12-2003, 10:09 PM
sorry to hear about that m8,

Big Ian
30-12-2003, 11:31 PM
keep the lancer and give her that to use!!!!!!!!

PS rich did you get my e-mail i sent on your PM

landy
30-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear that mate, hope you have better news at the garage tomorrow and it's not as bad as you think

ritch_w
31-12-2003, 10:21 AM
will be going to the garage soon to get the ££££ low down.
I reckon the sideskirt will get a way with a rub down and touch up, the rear arch will probably need battered back into shape INSERT INTO post VALUES (surprisingly the rear N/S alloy wasn't touched - lucky) the rear N/S door will be the biggest expense - the bottom half is stoved in and scratched through to the metal, but the way it has been done the lower edge of the door is sticking out... new door skin?

i'll update later - sorry no pics dont have a digi camera!

ohh and i've calmed down now..... untill i get the bill and loose my NCB!

ritch_w
31-12-2003, 04:32 PM
ball park figure for proper repairs via insurance claim INSERT INTO post VALUES (and loose NCB) is £800 to £900 - needs a new door.

I have managed to push the door back out INSERT INTO post VALUES (from the inside) myself so it doesnt look quite so mangled, might try a smaller body shop to see what they can do for a cash job, still a couple of hundred i reckon.....

SGHOM
31-12-2003, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=ritch_w]
i'll update later - sorry no pics dont have a digi camera!

QUOTE]
I think the first mod for a club Vr4 owner should be a digital camera. I am, & I'm sure others are keen to see other peoples mods, purchases, conversions, mishaps. etc...etc !! anyone agree ??

Brind
31-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Equally sad to hear this. :sad3:

I thought you had a digi cam Derek? or did you manage to break it after the picture you took of youself all dolled up? :laugh:

Big Ian
31-12-2003, 06:44 PM
ouch!! rich a wee tad sore on the pocket good luck with finding someone else just a pitty your not near me as we'v got a guy here who can do anything with anything when it come's to body stuff .but their's plenty to choose from out there just try and see anything they have worked on in the past and give that a once over before you let them loose on your's

ritch_w
09-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Just had a second quote for a "cash" job at a small bodyshop - £175 Instead of replacing the door etc they will panel beat the door panel and use filler to smooth it etc
I said "so £175 and you'll get the car back to looking like brand new?"
"we'll try" was the reply......

I think i'd be better claiming the insurance and getting it done properly its too good a car to have a botch job done on it - if it was older i would probably pay the £175 rather claim off the insurance....

Nick VR4
09-01-2004, 05:39 PM
I would go through the insurance claim to be honest
OK your premiums may go up
Sounds like they want your £££ but can't guarantee what the end result will be
Nothing worse seeing a bodge job done
Thats my opion anyway :D

ritch_w
10-01-2004, 10:09 AM
yep thats what i'm thinking - If it was an old banger that would be ok buts its under 2 years old and probably not worth risking a substandard job - that would ruin it for me

insurance job it is INSERT INTO post VALUES (next month!)