PDA

View Full Version : Still another Australian....

twistzed
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi,

Im about to purchase a VR4 Galant and would like to know what model i should purchase? Definatly not a wagon though.

Im planning on doing some mods to it so i would like the more tuner friendly model to buy, i read on here that the face lift models can have the evo brembos bolted straight on, is there any other things like that?

I've already read through the buyers guide but as im importing it i cant really see it running etc, so has anybody got some useful tips for me?

Thanks
Brad

Lillywotsername
05-08-2007, 12:58 PM
/Welcome Brad.... Hope you find your ideal car.

Nick Mann
05-08-2007, 05:27 PM
There are advantages to faclifts - brembos is one, but also recaro interiors were an option, the autos got an extra 20 bhp to match the manuals and they also look much better!!

To be honest, the only things to look for are auction grade and accessory list. It is a case of deciding what colour/gearbox/interior you want more than anything. Some facelifts don't have AYC, but fundamentally all cars are the same mechanically.

twistzed
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Well i definatly want Manual, so thats sorted.

What years are the facelift models?

Does anyone have a link to the visual differences in the facelift and before?

thanks for all the help guys

Kieran
06-08-2007, 04:12 PM
....and they also look much better!!

....To the partially sighted. /STP /Devil5 The Rest of Nick's advice is pretty sound though.

Nick VR4
06-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to the forum :D

bradc
06-08-2007, 09:04 PM
the facelift cars were available from the end of 98 through to 2002. It can be hard to find a manual Galant, and even harder to find a facelift one, just be patient!

I have both a facelift and a prefacelift VR-4, click on my name then select gallery and check out the differences.