PDA

View Full Version : take it back??

ianturbo
05-08-2007, 10:32 PM
hi all
if you got a legnum saturday and nsf wheel fell off today , and it feels a bit asmatic under load (a bit of a judder then it ha a bit ofa go at going )should i take it back and kick his head in (KTC)
p.s when wheel fell of i had misses and 20 month old jake in car !!!!
and its trashed wing door and side skirt and all wheels have 1 wheel nut missing ,
a happy (not new owner ) /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr
ian

Nutter_John
05-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Simple questions
does the car have locking wheel nuts ?
where was the car parked last night ?
did KTC service the car before you picked it up ?

ianturbo
05-08-2007, 11:10 PM
:thinking: :thinking:
Simple questions
does the car have locking wheel nuts ?
where was the car parked last night ?
did KTC service the car before you picked it up ?
no lokin wheel nuts (i think thats what is missin or they swaped wheels at some point ) was parked in a garage last night , i have a mate who has a garag and as cr has no alarm /immobeleiser it was lokked up all last nite , so unless mice and rats are good at takein caps off then taking nuts off and puttin caps back on then ?????:thinking:

Nutter_John
05-08-2007, 11:16 PM
ok i would write a letter stating your case that

A) the car was provided with only 4 wheel nuts on three of the wheels
B) The car was not left anywhere unattended due there being no alarm or Imobiliser
C) DID they service the car or not ??

Basically by then car only having 4 out of five nuts on the other wheels you can report them to trading standards for selling a defective motor , but before doing this see if they will sort the issues out for you

You could also take them to the small claims court if the damage is less than 5000 pounds

I think it is a slim chance but they may do something if you state the fact clearly etc etc

ANTHONY
05-08-2007, 11:18 PM
ye i agree with john

ianturbo
05-08-2007, 11:23 PM
:happy:

ok i would write a letter stating your case that

A) the car was provided with only 4 wheel nuts on three of the wheels
B) The car was not left anywhere unattended due there being no alarm or Imobiliser
C) DID they service the car or not ??

Basically by then car only having 4 out of five nuts on the other wheels you can report them to trading standards for selling a defective motor , but before doing this see if they will sort the issues out for you

You could also take them to the small claims court if the damage is less than 5000 pounds

I think it is a slim chance but they may do something if you state the fact clearly etc etc
iam going to ring tradin standards on order of mi mum (i am 36 ) be she has grand child so ........ might go up to KTC with a few mates /pan and own a gym so ain't small :jester: :jester: or could just drive into showroom and see how far a could get (they have some nice 911 in there !!
can you tell how pissed i am or not yet ???/Grrr /Grrr

Nutter_John
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I can only imagine how p'eed off you are but Don't even think about doing it there are other ways to skin a cat .

Basically stay within the law and use what ever means possible to inflict pain on them

for example phone up your local newspaper and offer them your story - you know how you purchased a car from KTC and went for a drive the next day , how they basically told you to bog off when you reported the issue to them , the fact you had you wife and very small child in the car .

Trading standards are a good better , see if they are part of a motoring organisation , speak to someone like the AA or RAC and see if they would do a report on the condition of the car - they may find other issues which to hit them with and prove negligence etc

KTC would not like that sort of publicty as it could hurt them for future sales

ianturbo
05-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I can only imagine how p'eed off you are but Don't even think about doing it there are other ways to skin a cat .

Basically stay within the law and use what ever means possible to inflict pain on them

for example phone up your local newspaper and offer them your story - you know how you purchased a car from KTC and went for a drive the next day , how they basically told you to bog off when you reported the issue to them , the fact you had you wife and very small child in the car .

Trading standards are a good better , see if they are part of a motoring organisation , speak to someone like the AA or RAC and see if they would do a report on the condition of the car - they may find other issues which to hit them with and prove negligence etc

i get the impresion KTC don't give a#### after they got your cash ,but like you say more ways to skin a cat :inquisiti
but what they done with my old v6 anal probe thing , i can bet no wheels have fell off that !:scholar:

pitslayer
06-08-2007, 03:24 AM
do it legally, going to see them with mates is probably your very very very last option, and you could get done for it.
get on to trading standards, as said, contact the garage.
also dont let them tell you the car is Sold as seen, this is Boll****, a car garage is not allowed to sell cars as sold as seen, nore are they allowed to advertise it like that, as they are trying to take your rights away, this is completly illegal under trading standards act, do not let them bully you either.
mention people trading standards FSA(is it FSA cant remember, someone can correct me on that later) mention the local rags aswell

stuartturbo
06-08-2007, 07:16 AM
also dont let them tell you the car is Sold as seen, this is Boll****, a car garage is not allowed to sell cars as sold as seen, nore are they allowed to advertise it like that, as they are trying to take your rights away, this is completly illegal under trading standards act,

Is this not what they are alreday being investigated for

GOOD LUCK with it

Nick VR4
06-08-2007, 09:19 AM
I would personally go back to them and see what they say / do

If no joy then go to Trading Standards etc

Brunty
06-08-2007, 09:47 AM
That's terrible Ian - glad everyone was ok.

No they wouldn't like it. ISTR that they had their solicitor call and threaten a (number of?) internet forums about the posts describing poor cars/service received from KTC.

Maybe linking threads from other forums to this post might spread the work further. You won't struggle to find posts about KTC if you google them.

Paul Beazer
06-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Man this sucks. Glad your wheel didnt depart at speed. The results dont bear thinking about.

It wouldnt surprise me if they took the locking wheel nuts off and didnt replace them. Trying to prove that it is their fault is gonna be impossible, but trading stadards need to know about this sort of thing. I've heard too many bad things about KTC to even consider getting a car off them.

Hope you get it sorted Ian.

pitslayer
07-08-2007, 01:46 AM
not sure who ktc are, so wouldnt know stuart

Beastlee
07-08-2007, 09:07 AM
KTC = Keithly Trade Centre and if you google or even search here you will see many more bad reports than good.

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune Ian, given the evidence so far it seems clear that they were negligent but you seem to have made the same mistake I did. When I picked up my car I scooted around it quickly and eagerly jumped in to get going. Within seconds I realised all 4 tyres were almost flat and I proceeded to the nearest air pump. Then I noticed a wheel nut missing and subsequently found 5 nuts loose on top of that. I hadn't bought from a trader or I would have been straight back with it to kick some ass.

If your car was garaged then there is no way they can claim that someone may have tampered with it. I hope you have some luck in resolving the matter.

bigsed
07-08-2007, 11:42 AM
KTC = Keithly Trade Centre and if you google or even search here you will see many more bad reports than good.

There's also plenty on here too about how poor KTC are, not that it helps ian now, sorry dude.

See the final post by watson on this thread: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25115

Beastlee
07-08-2007, 11:57 AM
There's also plenty on here too about how poor KTC are, not that it helps ian now, sorry dude.

See the final post by watson on this thread: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25115

Ian posted on that thread immediately before with regards to the car he has now. Whilst I do understand what you are going though Ian, I would have double checked every single fixing on the car before taking it if I were going against the numerous warnings in that thread.

I hope you get the matter resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.