PDA

View Full Version : atf filter

richard_v6
06-08-2007, 06:40 PM
do they exist found some post were people said they have ordered 1. or have i confused that with a engine oil filter
ive ordered my atf with don ( thanks don)
should be here in a day or 2 still got to order tc seal is this the right part number md967673
had a quote £750 plus cant be done till after 20th aug vat/Grrr
might have a go myself:scholar: and save on labour the saving could buy me some toys ie boost controller,oil cooler,decat pipe ive changed the slave cylinder on my v6 i know this is a lot eaiser that TC seal change but im willing to give it a go or should i leave it to a expert?

Solardavid350
06-08-2007, 06:54 PM
How Much???? !!!!!!
The filter ATF filter is available from Camskill for about £7.50 and the total amount of Amsoil ATF is about 12 litres for a full change is about £120.
Is not a hard job is you read the article we have and i found its even a bit easier to do from the pipes underneath from the gearbox to the cooler.
Its a bit of a job to get at the filter and remove but not beyond anyone with basic maintainance.

here`s a link for camskill and you can also get club discount for the fluid.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b406s1401p322

Nutter_John
06-08-2007, 07:03 PM
The filter is not present on all cars , David you getting a tad confussed he has been quoted 750 + vat for the torque convertor seal change

To change the seal takes about 30 mins max , but to get to the seal it takes about 10 hrs and involves removing the following

drive shafts
prop shaft
most of the items on the top right hand side of the engine to allow full access to the bolts
down pipes
the Transfer box - this can be a pain to pry off
then the g'box
prob a few other bits i've forgot as well

once you have the g'b off you need to change the seal and refit it all , then fill up with fuild

Not an easy job to do on axle stands as moving under there will be tight but do-able for a someone with good skills and lots of patience

Nick Mann
06-08-2007, 07:08 PM
As I said before, Richard, you could do it with time and patience. If you haven't got the tools you can buy them for a lot less than the labour cost!

It is a big job, but lengthy as opposed to skillful.

richy rich
06-08-2007, 07:10 PM
John has most off it covered.

richard_v6
06-08-2007, 07:10 PM
thanks for reply did u change the tc seal or did u just do a atf change
the price i was quoted was to do do seal aswell as fluid change i still think thats exspensive tho!

How Much???? !!!!!!
The filter ATF filter is available from Camskill for about £7.50 and the total amount of Amsoil ATF is about 12 litres for a full change is about £120.
Is not a hard job is you read the article we have and i found its even a bit easier to do from the pipes underneath from the gearbox to the cooler.
Its a bit of a job to get at the filter and remove but not beyond anyone with basic maintainance.

here`s a link for camskill and you can also get club discount for the fluid.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b406s1401p322

Nutter_John
06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
David is talking about just doing a fuild change , the cost of the fuild is around 120 quid if using the best stuff on this planet ( AMSoil )

who did you get that price from as it does seem a little higher than i would have thought - probably more around the 5-600 region is not too bad

Solardavid350
06-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Ahh yes i didn`t quite read his post correctly..so i`ll take a slap for that /pan
i just did the ATF change myself but as far as i know my seals are ok as i don`t have any oil patches under the car , well not yet at least.

richard_v6
06-08-2007, 08:08 PM
David is talking about just doing a fuild change , the cost of the fuild is around 120 quid if using the best stuff on this planet ( AMSoil )

who did you get that price from as it does seem a little higher than i would have thought - probably more around the 5-600 region is not too bad
hi john its from a garage in redditch, stanton atomotive they have a good reputation
they have also done vr4 gearbox work they replaced the gearbox on red ralliart galant that was for sale in the autotrader last month i think it was up for £7000 can anyone recomend a garage in the birmingham area to do this work:happy:

richard_v6
06-08-2007, 08:11 PM
or i could try and persuade richy too come out of retirement/haz

Nutter_John
06-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I know it's a little further away but try Benh over at Eurospec

fasgen
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Anybody know can i use that ATF filter (http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b406s1401p322) on mitsubishi V6 98 year?