PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Idle

v6jimmy
06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
I've had my '00 V6 Sport for 2 years now and it has always had a slightly lumpy idle. Doesn't matter whether its cold or fully warm, the engine seems to be juddering at tick-over. The reason I'm mentioning it now is because it seems to be getting worse! Also, possibly related, the car is hesitant (slightly jerky) on light throttle. Any ideas?

Nick Mann
06-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the forums! Have you tried a site search? The throttle body or position sensor or somesuch gets dirty and causes problems if I remember correctly....

I-S
06-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Sounds like a candidate for some redex, some 10k boost and an italian tune-up.

scc
06-08-2007, 10:33 PM
The V6 seems to do this 'bouncy bouncy' business at idle even though the needle is steady. Makes me giddy at times.

Cheers,
scc

Johnny_Cashed
06-08-2007, 10:45 PM
My V6 doesn't seem to have this problem, it just sits there really quietly, makes me wonder whether I should rev it to stop it stalling, but that's never happened yet.

Eurospec
07-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Possible idle control valve or tps as already suggested. You might have a lead going down or another spark related issue, but if that were the case i would have expected it to be worse under load.

The final thing it might be (if the engine is actually stable in terms of idle speed, and not just set too low) is the front or rear roll stoppers. When these go you feel all the vibration through the car.

Cheers,

Ben.

Paul Beazer
07-08-2007, 12:34 PM
As above liek others have said.

Mine sometime does this. I find adding some fuel system / injector cleaner helps.
Might also be worth taking the distributor cap and rotor arm off and cleaning the contacts up? They can get a bit messed up if not cleaned yearly.

v6jimmy
07-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Cheers for the help fellow galanters! Have taken your comments onboard. I think my juddering is probably due to worn roll stoppers, but I will be checking the dizzy and trying some injector cleaner.