PDA

View Full Version : Insurance - Impreza vs Legnum

djwarden
07-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Out of curiosity I was looking at Imprezas and decided to get a few quotes thinking that the smaller 2.0 single turbo engine would be a bit cheaper to insure than the 2.5 v6 twin turbo of the legnum, well I couldnt have been more wrong!
gocompare.com is where I originallly got a rough idea on the legnum and that was $853 (that should be pounds but I have a US laptop does anyone know how to change it to a pound sign?), which I dont think is too bad seeing as I under 25 with two claims in the past five years and 3 years NCB. The shocker was my quote for the Impreza the best gocompare came up with is $1174!! Why? the legnum is an import, modified and the impreza is uk factory spec! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Kieran
07-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I'll tell you exactly why!

Legnums attract a more mature, sensible driver in the main.

Scoobies attract Chavs.

'Nuff said!

djwarden
07-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Now why didnt I think of that? /pan
Thank you

Kieran
07-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Now why didnt I think of that? /pan
Thank you

/haz

Heh! Sweeping statements?! MOI?!

Seriously though, the popularity of the Impreza and the sheer number available does inherently mean that a larger chunk of them end up in inexperienced/irresponsible hands, whereas Legnum/Galant buyers tend to buy the car because they really want it, I would say - The more casual peeps tend to be put off by the outrageous petrol costs and the expensive servicing (unless you DIY or know the right people).

Nick VR4
07-08-2007, 05:30 PM
As above more Scoobs more crashes more younger drivers

To change your Keyboard settings

Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages tab

djwarden
08-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks Nick just what I needed to know.

pitslayer
08-08-2007, 04:31 AM
mitsi, cheaper to insurance, looks better, is better...sorry but you could stuck ya scooby up ya bum, never liked them never will, they look good wrapped around a lampost thow. lol

as said above, scooby, young persons car, upmarket pipesmoking flatcap radio 4 car, to the insurance companys, however us in the know, know that they are a very fast underated car